Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by MuscleSpark

1. MuscleSpark

Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon

Yeah, ACfa does have slight camera drift, but it's not strong enough to call it a lock-on (you can tell any time in that video he uses a melee attack and misses that the camera just doesn't track the opponent at all) and a lot of people even suggest turning it off. I guess a hybrid system (or...
  2. MuscleSpark

I'm good with complex, vertical map design, older ACs had some basic dungeons and platforming and more of that is fine even if it means repair kits being standard and having checkpoints before boss fights (both confirmed). I'm also okay with complex combat... HOWEVER, changing the camera to be a...
  3. MuscleSpark

I want it now.
  4. MuscleSpark

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

Romhacking.net - Hacks - Wizardry (WonderGate Unlock) Unsure if this also unlocks the WonderGate shopping stuff, but pretty cool nonetheless.
  5. MuscleSpark

Diablo IV

Somewhere, there's a Californian "businessman" going aw shiet dey iz da reel kangz! Just kidding, affirmative action doesn't apply to leadership positions.
  6. MuscleSpark

Random JRPG News Thread

Found this when crawling (heh) through the INDIE Live Expo Winter 2021 Path of the Abyss on Steam (steampowered.com)
  7. MuscleSpark

Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi - new Exp. Inc dungeon RPG

It's not that weird when you consider that the game was built for consoles where you use a dedicated button to go back to the home screen and turn off the game from there.
  8. MuscleSpark

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Why is this in jRPG Weeaboo subforum anyway? This game is more Western RPG than even Bioware's recent output.
  9. MuscleSpark

Game News Weird West releasing on January 11th, now available for preorder

That and having to wrestle with the camera like in Seven: The Days Long Gone are the major sticking points for me. I'd love to support Raf so I'll shill his game for free or whatever, but I don't know if I'd enjoy playing it myself.
  10. MuscleSpark

Squeenix New Crawler "Dungeon Encounters" by Square Enix, budget lower than the rpgcodex server costs

Alright, this thread (and Undernauts being delayed + Voice of Cards being piss easy and standard) persuaded me. I hope Ito is happy taking my money.
  11. MuscleSpark

Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi - new Exp. Inc dungeon RPG

I saw that the "requires a controller" warning on the Steam page was gone and assumed it was only delayed on PC so they could fix that glaring oversight. A quick glance at Youtube tells me it is out on Switch and people have been playing it (not just those who got codes from the publisher, or if...
  12. MuscleSpark

Incline Butthurt Dungeon: Thac0's Ultimate Blobber List

Is it really "zero" anime when one of the characters is Legally Distinct Totoro? EDIT: Also I'd like to point out that it should be stylized as DUNGEON ENCOUNTERS. More also: Dark Spire should be The Dark Spire and Wizardry Empires should be Wizardry Empire.
  13. MuscleSpark

Arkane PREY - Arkane's immersive coffee cup transformation sim - now with Mooncrash roguelike mode DLC

I'd argue even a master thief like Garrett can't be 100% certain of how hidden he is in every single scenario and that a light gem would be a useful tool for a thief regardless; a thief who uses every tool and advantage at his disposal is a lot more competent than one who doesn't, in my opinion...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom