Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by new fucking guy

1. new fucking guy

Incline What would have to happen for a 2nd cRPG Renaissance?

Something to funnel money into the genre, so there's a slew of AA quality games like poe as opposed to few big titles and sea of indies fighting for kickstarter bucks from people who already played the former - either promising more of the same, or "real hardcore game not like the mainstream...
  2. new fucking guy

The Codex’s Best Computer RPGs (pre-Diablo)

3 points: Ultima Underworld Ultima Underworld 2 Dark Sun: Shattered Lands 1 point: Princess Maker 2
  3. new fucking guy

POLL: Obsidian's Best RPG

kotor 2 has really nice plot if you're into star wars but otherwise it's shit motb I haven't played cause I can't take the camera alpha protocol always felt like they're pushing just whatever for the publisher while trying to make a compelling piece of story, but not so much to sabotage the...
  4. new fucking guy

miss u

miss u
  5. new fucking guy

Plot driven games for a noob

start with animal crossing to ease her into the concept of doing the same menial task 30 times every day for pixel money in few months when she's done decorating continue the indoctrination with skyrim (skyrim is basically sims) or mass effect (it has romances so she'll be good)
  6. new fucking guy

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

This is the most offending part. If there was one decent encounter to actually show what the combat system can do I'd be more than happy. Instead you get to smack some idiots on head 20 times, as if the devs wanted to say "hey look the code works" - well I'm glad it does, but where's the game...
  7. new fucking guy

How much tutorial should a developer put in an RPG?

none bring back extensive manuals suffer not the casual
  8. new fucking guy

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Rest of the game varies in quality and expectations, caed nua is just an infinity engine game dungeon crawl with modern sensibilities. Perfectly reasonable take.
  9. new fucking guy

Incline I finally played and beat Age of Decadence

cool, now beat it another 4 times or so and we can talk about it
  10. new fucking guy

Incline Amazing Cultivation Simulator

this game is actually an elaboration on chinese mobile gacha shit - you mainly progress by gathering resources and developing characters - the resources are much unlike those in rimworld - no cloth/better cloth/best cloth or gun/better gun/best gun, but a collection of shit you set up and feed...
  11. new fucking guy

KickStarter [Poll] Best XP model

I like xp as currency, or specifically gear progression with no leveling. It's hard to make it work in a way that makes sense, but breaking it on subsequent playthroughs is fun and rewarding. Outward had the right idea, with majority of gear being obtainable right from the start and abilities...
  12. new fucking guy

Share your "I am not playing" list

you don't wanna see the mocap sex?
  13. new fucking guy

Share your "I am not playing" list

the other thread sucks. post games you will never play, others try to convince you they're good bully has trash port I think grid is supposed to be good? idk fucking racing games I never launched mirror's edge but it looks like gay platforming
  14. new fucking guy

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

no need to force them, they really want the Black Geyser update to come out

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom