Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

newtmonkey's Recent Activity

1. newtmonkey replied to the thread Random thoughts on whatever JRPG you're currently playing?.

Legend of Dragoon (PSX) I'm playing the Japanese version of this game, which turns out to be much more difficult than the international...

Aug 10, 2020 at 11:30 AM
  2. newtmonkey replied to the thread Random thoughts on whatever JRPG you're currently playing?.

Sreggin Etah I The only game in the series that is worth playing, imo, is Legend of Mana. It plays nothing like either of the other...

Aug 9, 2020 at 10:25 AM
  3. newtmonkey rated Modron's post Funny in the thread The reason we don't see more historical RPGs is because they all suck.

Thread finished.

Aug 9, 2020 at 3:55 AM
  4. newtmonkey replied to the thread Random thoughts on whatever JRPG you're currently playing?.

I'm still making progress in Estopolis Denki; while I like this game a lot, it's very samey from location to location, so it's the kind...

Aug 8, 2020 at 7:07 PM
  5. newtmonkey rated Zed Duke of Banville's post Agree in the thread Screenshot thread.

Much of the top 70 voting is based on CYOA&C, to such an extent that a poorly-designed cover-based shooter with painfully-linear levels...

Aug 8, 2020 at 4:48 PM
  6. newtmonkey rated wahrk's post Agree in the thread Screenshot thread.

[IMG] I'm surprised this game got so high on the codex top 70 list. I guess multiple playthroughs are needed to appreciate the...

Aug 8, 2020 at 4:48 PM
  7. newtmonkey rated kaisergeddon's post Informative in the thread Random thoughts on whatever JRPG you're currently playing?.

Breath of Fire 2 is my favorite besides Dragon Quarter, but I recommend playing it with the fan translation and a patch that allows you...

Aug 8, 2020 at 12:01 PM
  8. newtmonkey replied to the thread Indie Morgana - a cutesy-Lovecraftian pixel blobber.

It sounds your combat is just typical real-time blobber combat, complete with the combat waltz, which is disappointing. You will likely...

Aug 8, 2020 at 6:25 AM
  9. newtmonkey rated Cleveland Mark Blakemore's post incline in the thread Incline POST-ATOMIC Resumed.

That's the best part of all. Right beside the huge heap of assets I had collected with a sign hanging over them USE FOR POST-APOCALYPTIC...

Aug 7, 2020 at 6:39 AM
  10. newtmonkey rated Cleveland Mark Blakemore's post incline in the thread Incline POST-ATOMIC Resumed.

After weeping mascara tears curled up into a ball for a week about the loss of some of my Unity code, I picked up this three days ago...

!!!!!postatomic.jpg Aug 7, 2020 at 6:37 AM

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.