Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by North Gibraltarian Dog

1. North Gibraltarian Dog

Josh Sawyer Q&A Thread

Swayer did an AMA on reddit some hours ago and he finally revealed the secret most codexers in this thread wanted to know since decades ago:
  2. North Gibraltarian Dog

What RPG should I play next?

Maybe you should trust codex sophisticated tastes and try some of the top 2022 rpgs as for example 5th official bestThe Impregnation of Elves: Conquest of the arrogant fairies. I don't think you need to grind too much to win there and the game includes interesting setting and mechanics to...
  3. North Gibraltarian Dog

Colorful stylized graphics in games - Americans vs Europeans vs Japanese

That's not true. Dragon Quests and Final Fantasies as other japanese foundational examples were inspired by western Crpgs, (early Wizardrys and specially first Ultimas), but not directly by "D&D" original source or any other P&P rpgs "local trend" influence. D&D and P&P rpgs in general were...
  4. North Gibraltarian Dog

Elder Scrolls Why Morrowind is a bad RPG

There are some enemies using glass armor pieces or weapons or other high level gear but as fixed handplaced items in mid-high level enemies, independently of player character level. In Morrowind almost all, roughly 3,000 enemies or friendly npcs are unique, non-randomized and only beasts and...
  5. North Gibraltarian Dog

What game are you wasting time on?

Field of Glory 2. I recently did a Hannibal campaign and it was pretty challenging even it was just "average" difficulty and "static difficulty" option. I had a lot of fun. I'm going to try another campaign with achaemenids or byzantines on higher difficulty or maybe I could try the increasing...
  6. North Gibraltarian Dog

Akalabeth: World of Doom

I think there was a bug in GOG version quests some years ago, but I played a couple of times and I didn't find it. Maybe you simply click too quickly over first part of dialogue? After the gremlin Lord B. wanto to kill a superior level monster... A viper? The carrion crawler? I don't remember...
  7. North Gibraltarian Dog

Your first adventure game?

It's not the absolute first, that probably was some previous shitty microcomputer shovelware "adventure" or few early classics played casually on some friend's most powerful systems, but one of the first adventures I owned, played extensively, completed and that I still remember with reverence...
  8. North Gibraltarian Dog

GOG.com

Btw someone knows if "special deals" for entire collections or series are still a thing? I think I didn't find one single of those buy all x less deals on gog since years ago.
  9. North Gibraltarian Dog

GOG.com

Fun Fact, Commander Keen was the favourite game and source of inspiration of some famous developer [/spoiler]
  10. North Gibraltarian Dog

Incline Which game should Hexen 2 replace on the Codex's Top 101 PC RPGs?

Of course, the current list isn't enough incoherent, let's include other 20 shooters, action games, jrpgs and visual novels to replace shitty or mediocre rpgs or some equally dubious non-rpgs.
  11. North Gibraltarian Dog

World of Darkness Poll: Greatest computer RPG development studios of all time.

You know 3 votes are not enough to vote for him. I like Geneforge series and I enjoyed (mildly in most cases) almost everything he did before late 2000s, but I could cite 10 or more studios before Spiderweb. He is probably the most prolific 1/2-developers micro-studio but even in that category...
  12. North Gibraltarian Dog

Rusty's official unofficial RPGCODEX 2020 GOTY thread

- Nox Archaist - ATOM RPG Trudograd - Gates of Integrity - Battle Brothers - Blazing Deserts - Wasteland 3
  13. North Gibraltarian Dog

Least Favourite RPG Names

Beneath Apple Manor. It suggests me a game about nameless perversions on Steve Jobs basement. Akalabeth: World of Doom. First rule for name (or whatever fantasy) creation: Just copy some tolkienesque shit, slightly modified on legal grounds. Ultima IX: Ascension. Not too bad, but considering...
  14. North Gibraltarian Dog

Starting Places & Bases

Darklands starts in a tavern also.
  15. North Gibraltarian Dog

World of Darkness Poll: Greatest computer RPG development studios of all time.

Many of my favourite crpgs have been developed by companies with dubious-very limited production besides their 1-2 masterpieces or in a couple of cases by new developers wich are just starting so in both cases they are not "best studios ever"*. On the other hand among those companies with more...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom