Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Nutria

1. Nutria

Pentiment - Josh Sawyer's historical mystery narrative-driven game set in 16th century Bavaria

I said some intemperate things about this project earlier, but I finally got around to playing it recently just to be sure I'd hate it and... it's actually pretty damn good. It's not some paint-by-the-numbers juvenile blame-Jesus version of medieval history. Sawyer actually is a serious person...
  2. Nutria

MicroProse revived as military simulator publisher

Next is Falcon 5: Zigger Apocalypse.
  3. Nutria

The Top 25 Star Trek Games

I would say that this idea makes no sense because there is no victory in that camp. You're still just going to be killed. (Now that I think about it, was there any reason given in that episode for why the Dominion would want prisoners?) But I remember one time seeing people in an arcade play...
  4. Nutria

Civilization II is the best strategy and might be the best game of all time

Yeah my only recollection of Civ3 was this being one of the first times as a kid that I learned to be disappointed by a sequel. Right around the same time as the first season of Star Trek: Voyager.
  5. Nutria

Mass Effect Trilogy

It's pretty incredible how everyone trying to guess what the superweapon would be came up with an idea that's way better than what it turned out to be.
  6. Nutria

Elder Scrolls Why Morrowind is a bad RPG

No, the lorefag reads a book about it. The settingfag takes in the ambience of the art, the music, the sound design, as well as the gameplay.
  7. Nutria

But does that mean anything to the ordinary player? I never found anything in a crazy place and I had no trouble winning the end.
  8. Nutria

Incline Why was shoutbox banned?

I remember a couple years ago and we were already going through this same fucking transvestigation bullshit. Just please come back under an alt and don't claim/admit being a woman. Not because I want to silence women's voices or something, just because you being in a deadlock with extremely...
  9. Nutria

Incline Why was shoutbox banned?

At the risk of being negative, ladies usually don't hang out at night at places where these kinds of guys congregate.
  10. Nutria

I just wish that in the late game quests maybe they dropped some really special armor, so you had something in gameplay that was telling you that you're making progress. You're progressing out of the middle stage of the game into confronting gods and stuff.
  11. Nutria

I consider those to be easter eggs since there's no chance I wouldn't have found them on my own, and I certainly wouldn't have planned my game around them. And I didn't need them at all. I had all the money I needed pretty much from when I got out of Balmora. That's one of the frustrations...
  12. Nutria

Game News Colony Ship Early Access Update: New Location - The Heart

I like all of the hints about a sequel when the ship actually lands. Seems like a very interesting setting. But of course I've only seen a part of Colony Ship.
  13. Nutria

I like Morrowind but let's be honest with ourselves. The last time I played, I found glass armor halfway through and that lasted through to the final boss. That was the only really significant piece of equipment I ever got. This is also when the economy totally breaks, where money is only...
  14. Nutria

KickStarter SDG has been sober for a month

Sometimes a lot depends on where you go after detox. I pray he's being let out in an environment for a few months where people care about him and will slap his ass down if he tries to relapse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom