Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Overweight Manatee

1. Game News Bethesda: Making Games for the PC Gamers

:hearnoevil: So wasting half your CPU time doesn't matter because eventually Skyrim's horrible memory problems will slow the game down more? Impeccable logic. Furthermore, he said up to 40% improvement. FPS tests in CPU-intense areas show up to 40%. What more do you want? The ability of the...
  2. Game News Bethesda: Making Games for the PC Gamers

The author himself said that SSE has negligible performance benefits compared to un-fucking certain functions that are ridiculously wasteful. Furthermore he didn't say that Visual Studio would handle that optimization automatically. I believe it is true that SSE vectorization isn't handled by...
  3. Game News Bethesda: Making Games for the PC Gamers

:lol: I just pulled a screenshot off google images. Haven't worked in a compiled language for almost a year now. Its true that you might require some time/effort to enable optimizations, but not nearly so much as to be worth leaving them off. A few days max assuming a single competent...
  4. Game News Bethesda: Making Games for the PC Gamers

Some of the Bethtards are hilarious on defense. Here's the best I've found:
  5. Game News Bethesda: Making Games for the PC Gamers

If so it still doesn't let Bethesda off the hook for not enabling optimizations like every developer who doesn't have their head up their ass. Applying optimizations in reverse is incredibly hacky, its no wonder that it breaks something. It should be applied when compiled from the source, but...
  6. Game News Bethesda: Making Games for the PC Gamers

I hope this doesn't stop Bethesda from getting their check from AMD/Intel for making people buy 2010 hardware for a 2005 game. ... I wonder if that actually happens anymore?
  7. Bethesda: making games for the PC gamers.

It requires literally no extra work. When you compile you flick a switch and the compiler magically makes everything faster (at the possible expense of stability and ease to debug if the compiler makes a mistake and an optimized function doesn't do quite what it should, but this is rare). Having...
  8. Editorial The cost of dialogue

Its stuff like this that has to be fueling the facebook/phone games. Its the only medium where you can reach a mass audience without spending most of your budget and 2/3rds of your development time on meaningless bullshit.
  9. The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

This is pretty gay.
  10. What do you think of the Fallout 2 restoration mod?

Mods like this need to set a firm line on what exactly "restoration" means to them when they start out. As it is I half expect that there is a legend of a guy who talked to the janitor at black isle who overheard someone once mention a moon base that the Chinese fled to, and the FRP will be...
  11. Editorial Jeff Vogel is getting old

Can't say that I like the change, but Vogel at least seems like one of the most decent game devs I know. If he stops by I'll buy him a beer.
  12. Never knew Star Control 2 is so good

SC2 is a great game :salute:. One of those games you can't really have fun replaying until 10 years have elapsed and you have forgotten most of it, though. Any other games that let you sit around and do nothing for 4 years while the bad guys do your work for you, then go beat them easily?
  13. The last of us , one post apocalyptic game

I'm unable to visit this site because I am not 100 years old or younger.
  14. Game News South Park RPG Combat Video Feature

So Jews are Paladins that require 2x as much of a reward to do quests rather than doing it for free? :thumbsup:
  15. Diablo vs Diablo II

Wait, Diablo 3 doesn't have town portals? WTF? Warcraft 3 had town portals btw.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom