Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by PatataFamilia

1. Game News Queen's Wish 2: The Tormentor Released

It's because your point is a silly. Honesty != Pretension. Literally, He's honestly describing what he's always done. If I plant a tree every day for twenty years and talk about planting trees when I'm 60, that's not me pretending to care about trees or virtue signaling. And of course he...
  2. Game News Queen's Wish 2: The Tormentor Released

So Vogel writes well over a thousand hours of games about Empire, most of which are morally suspect, and it's pretentious to mention that maybe that's a theme of his games? That's literally the opposite of pretentious. He's just listing what he's done over his career. He said the whole thing...
  3. Game News Queen's Wish 2: The Tormentor gets trailer and Steam page, coming Fall 2022

It had some good ideas, decent writing, and a serviceable at best combat system. Since your character was empowered by the society that produced them, you're not looking for epic loot, you're expanding your territory. Expanding your territory brings you more resources, which lets you get...
  4. Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Kickstarter Update #42: Rituals & Talking Weapon Stretch Goals

I would have preferred Dinosaurs to a talking sword, but it'll be interesting to see what Owlbear delivers regardless. They got my pledge.
  5. Game News Spiderweb Software's Geneforge remake is on Kickstarter

I like Jeff Vogel games (except Avadon), but Geneforge doesn't need a remake. Avernum 4 needs a remake; it's catastrophically close on a modern monitor. The first time I played it was when I was unemployed in the Great Recession, and it played great. (He said piracy was okay if your life...
  6. Community The RPG Codex's Top 101 PC RPGs (With User Reviews!)

As for Arcanum. Arcanum has one of the greatest senses of setting in a game I ever played. The tone of newspapers; the way you have model minorities and some pretty brutal labor struggles and racism. The role of class. The city of Tarant is an amazing place to explore. It fully deserves a...
  7. Game News Paradox might be announcing a Vampire: The Masquerade RPG on March 21st, possibly by Hardsuit Labs

Why would they acquire Harebraned schemes and then not give them an rpg set in one of their most recognizable settings? It's like people forget that you need actual writers for an rpg. Otherwise you get VTM: Redemption.
  8. Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #54: New Challenges Approach

Right now it's at the second page. And the list is more a statement on the rpg market in general, given that the first page is: Monster Hunter, Graveyard Keeper, MH: Deluxe, Stardew Valley, Shadow of Mordor, Payday II, and D:OS II. After that, we have Black Desert Online, the Phantom Doctrine...
  9. Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

I didn't do an LP, but when I did my ultimate run I respecced three times. I needed to get stealth high to avoid the throne room fight in Caed Nua and then ditched stealth points. I respecced to get the right stats to save the burning house in stalwart, and then respecced again to get lore...
  10. Game News Pathfinder: Kingmaker Kickstarter Update #34: Funded, Goblin Companion Unlocked

Considering that the team came to kickstarter with a very polished effort, and has a Russian publisher's logo on their home page, Kickstarter will probably not be providing the majority of funds for the game. When you listen to the funding video and read the backer page, their focus on getting...
  11. Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Specifically what they howled at was enemies being smarter than what they were used to. A lot of people maxed health and armor on their tanks and ignored damage. Even worse, they would put full cloth on wizards and ignore defensive feats and spells (which is only viable with a highly...
  12. Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

There were a ton of references to PST. The most notable one was:
  13. Game News inXile admit that Torment stretch goal content has been cut, including companions

I can't say anything for all the other stretchgoals, but Rothfuss did work on Torment. As recently as 2016 Fargo said, "Fargo: We have Patrick Rothfuss, Chris Avellone…" https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/01/brian-fargo-torment-wasteland-interview/ In one of his twitch streams Rothfuss...
  14. Game News Wasteland 3 Fig Update #6: The Ranger Base

I backed the original and am not backing WL3. I would pledge for WL3 if the base tier wasn't so high, but at $33 gamers are assuming a lot more of the risk than InXile. Even though I liked WL2, InXile does have a degree of risk with two unfinished games already kickstarted. I would have...
  15. Preview Tyranny E3 2016 Previews, Gameplay Footage, Screenshots

I'm a huge Obsidian fan, but it looks like they still haven't fixed the to the left pathfinding.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom