Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Pegultagol

1. Pegultagol

Fallout Fallout: Sonora - new Fallout mod from the Fallout: Nevada team

Turns out my low intelligence character wasn't able to say anything about what happened when asked by the general. I tried Mentats and was able to report about the ranger Oscar (that was his name). Thanks for the suggestion.
  2. Pegultagol

Fallout Fallout: Sonora - new Fallout mod from the Fallout: Nevada team

I've been playing this mod so far, and quite enjoy it. I've been stuck however, at a point near the end where I have to enlist the help of the Rangers for protection of the Villa. The ranger general wants me 'to do the mission first'. The mission is where I have to deliver a message to...
  3. Pegultagol

Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon

I think the helicopter boss teaches how to build up the stagger meter by varying attacks. And finding blind spots.
  4. Pegultagol

Turn-Based Tactics Ultimate Jagged Alliance 2 + 1.13 Mods TOPIC

Anyone know a good NCTH setting? I get my guys behind some cover (four trees, two deep and wide) and still get their asses handed to them sometimes.
  5. Pegultagol

Jagged Alliance 3 from Haemimont Games

Wonder what their own patch v1.13 would be...a new difficulty mode and 'new' Bobby Ray's, anything less and I'ill be kinda disappointed.
  6. Pegultagol

I'm playing through the game right now and reached the mainland, and overall impressed with the game so far. I appreciate that many map sectors have something interesting going on, and exploration nets resources that continue to feed the loop of hiring mercs, liberating territory, resupply and...
  7. Pegultagol

Yes, I.M.P. is in https://community.jaggedalliance.com/index/dev-diaries/making-a-mercenary-r5/ It's mentioned toward the end. I'm not sure if multiple custom characters can be hired though.
  8. Pegultagol

Why I Hate Story Driven Games And You Should Too

Story driven games and gameplay driven stories are kinda both shitty, but at least in the latter case the shit is kinda mine.
  9. Pegultagol

JA2 vs X-COM: UFO Defense in 2022

I think X-Com is as close to being that classic 'perfect' game as anything I've played. It has a strong foundation in turn based strategy, which stands on its own, but the strategic layer that ties everything together is quite deep and very elegant in execution. Its repetition that progresses...
  10. Pegultagol

Game News THQ Nordic Showcase 2022: Gothic Remake and Jagged Alliance 3

Wonder if JA3 will provide for modding options...kinda interesting it's 2001 in the game's timeframe but no one seems to have aged much.
  11. Pegultagol

Community Thank you for your patience during our down-time

Lookin' good, RPG Codex! Thanks to all who made it possible.
  12. Pegultagol

[Poll] Should I get a PS5?

You can think of consoles now as service platform now. Do you think you really want to opt into Playstation Now (or Plus or whatever they offer online at the moment) for its library of exclusive games and value it offers? Does it do more for your happiness and spent time than other competing...
  13. Pegultagol

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

I booted up the game with the update, and spent 10 minutes reassigning all the perk points...graphics overall are more snappy, cars actually drive on the highways. Cruised for some side mission and got into some police dispatch quest. Did some quickhacks to start things off and got stuck between...
  14. Pegultagol

Decline What is the single worst, most annoying design choice in a game?

I can say that celebrity cameos or borrowing their likeness for games has absolutely no redeeming quality and possibly the single worst design choice available unless it's Captain Picard in Star Trek NG games.
  15. Pegultagol

Sony is buying Bungie for $3.6 billion

Bungie sucks due to their horrible in-game monetary policies and moribund and austere way of doing things, but they have a new multiplayer game in the works, so that might've enticed Sony. What Microsoft paid for ALL of Zenimax seems like a highway robbery now. Todd Howard sleepless nights...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom