Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by phanboy_iv

1. Game News Josh Sawyer's long-awaited historical RPG is called Pentiment, coming next year

I got some bad news for you about actual human history.
  2. Game News Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Update #57: Shadowrun Has Returned

The editor is kinda great though, gotta say.
  3. Next Persona coming next thursday

Yep. Vita is pretty damn beefy, no corners were cut with P4G, unlike with the PSP and P3P.
  4. Decline PS4 wins the console war against XboxONE, yet it is a hollow victory as Consolesdämmerung is upon us

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-24-xbox-one-developers-have-their-say-on-specs-self-publishing-and-tvtvtv
  5. Best Wild Arms/Breath of Fire game

WA2 had some interesting ideas in terms of plot, but it was overlong, horribly elaborate, and terribly translated. Mechanically I preferred WA3, I still think that game had a fantastic battle system.
  6. Screenshot thread

7. Soul Sacrifice on Vita

Playing the demo. It's, uh, very different in presentation. Interesting narrative ideas. Kinda cool. Mission-based, not open world. Obtuse in a good way at first. Terribly grim, especially if you read the lore of the creatures before you sacrifice them. Me likey.
  8. Company of Heroes 2 & Ardennes Assault

There's apparently going to be a more open beta phase soon, might as well give it a whirl.
  9. Company of Heroes 2 & Ardennes Assault

It's still spammy (damn mortars), but a little bit smarter overall I'd say. I've gotten flanked on occasion, and so have people I've been playing with, but mostly sticking to Standard AI in matches with others so far.
  10. Company of Heroes 2 & Ardennes Assault

Played about 10 games with friends, pubs and AI. Verdict?
  11. Information Might & Magic X Teased by Ubisoft, To Be Revealed at PAX East

Far Cry 3 had the UPlay 'offline' mode, works a bit like Steam's offline mode in that you have to explicitly turn it on.
  12. Information Might & Magic X Teased by Ubisoft, To Be Revealed at PAX East

Also inb4 it's not a party-based blobber anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom