Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Piety

1. Piety

Vapourware [WIP] Voyage to HEAVAN platform game, web play link inside

Looking pretty sweet. I keep dissolving in the peepee.
  2. Piety

Can Python 3 handle showing the map of a dungeon crawler?

Python is completely fine for a project like this you pompous asses. If he keeps at it he'll likely grow out of it, but it'll be great to learn with. Caim, you can (and should) try an object oriented approach like racofer suggested, and you can do it in python. See here. At some point, you...
  3. Piety

The Codexian

4. Piety

RPG fighting video game

Weirdly fascinating.
  5. Piety

Vapourware Project X: early tech demo - feedback needed

Aha, I missed all that stuff on the ground on the first tile. Is any kind of healing implemented? I keep dying, sometimes without having been in combat, and I'm not sure why. I think it's from when I randomly fall down, which seems to happen pretty frequently... I found a first aid kit, but...
  6. Piety

Ahh, yes! Is there an inventory beyond what I'm carrying on my body? I can put objects in the little squares surrounding the paper doll and carry them around that way, but I can't seem to identify anywhere else to stash things. I wore the water bottle on my head. Later, I will figure out how...
  7. Piety

Looking pretty good, no crashes thus far for me! How do I drink water? My dude's dying of thirst, I got some water from the lake, but all I can do with it is impotently shift it around my inventory.
  8. Piety

Lookin' pretty classy.
  9. Piety

Lands of Adventure: A Gold-Box Inspired CRPG

Looking good! I actually really like the verbose combat descriptions, though I agree that (in this video, anyway), they go by too quickly to be very readable. I'm assuming that's why you say they don't work here? I'd say simplify/shorten them, but don't eliminate them entirely. A complete...
  10. Piety

I'm specifically curious about non-graphical game data, like the text that appears during dialogues or the stats of monsters. Are you creating this stuff with a 3rd party tool or did you build your own? Or are you just stuffing it in text files by hand, something like that?
  11. Piety

Looking good! I'm curious, how are you creating your content (maps, inventory items, monsters, etc)?
  12. Piety

Is there still a place for text-based games of any genre?

Do it, man. The types of games you're talking about benefit greatly from abstraction, and it doesn't get much more abstract than text.
  13. Piety

KickStarter add kwanzania tag in GD subforum

Your English is about as good as the average American's.
  14. Piety

Reworking Blackspace

I never played the original for some reason... I'll be interested to check this out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom