Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Plane Escapee

1. Plane Escapee

Actually Good Tycoon Games

What specifically makes a game a "tycoon" game? I always thought of it as just one of a number of a suffixes to give a management sim but is it actually considered a subgenre with a certain subset of characteristics? It feels wrong to call Caesar or Pharao a tycoon game but if Sim City (all...
  2. Plane Escapee

Lost Scavenger - neoscavenger made by rooskies - now available on Early Access

Anyone had a go with this? How playable is it and how does it compare to Neoscavenger?
  3. Plane Escapee

People News This is About Right and Wrong: The Chris Avellone Saga Continues

Hallelujah to all you good gentlemen out there fighting the good fight and spreading the truth! There's some actual social justice being dished out these weeks. My heart is melting and I am beginning to regain some trust and belief in humanity. God bless you all :salute:
  4. Plane Escapee

Incline Intergalactic Fishing, an RPG that will leave you hooked.

This looks amazing. More oddball RPGs please. Thanks for sharing.
  5. Plane Escapee

People News Chris Avellone grows a pair and fights back against being cancelled

With all the readily available information about these obnoxious sociopaths, where they openly present themselves as hypocritical, lying, disingenuous stains of fetid meconium and consistently contradict themselves, I can't see how even a "progressive" leaning judge could rule in their favour...
  6. Plane Escapee

If this does indeed go all the way to court and ends up being ruled in Chris' favour, I look forward to seeing how the various companies he was working with and who ostracized him following the allegations will react. Probably radio silence, although because MeToo/Cancel Culture is such...
  7. Plane Escapee

Genuinely happy to hear this. Chris, if ever you need money (whether for a court case or anything else) let people know.
  8. Plane Escapee

Crispy™ RPGs similar to sports management games?

Been looking for the same. While it doesn't fulfill your list of wishes, Crusader Kings II (with all bells and whistles) is the closest you'll get to a Football Manager experience with (a few more) role-playing elements, but I assume you're already aware of this, given how well liked CK2 is on...
  9. Plane Escapee

KickStarter Apocalypse Now RPG by Monty Markland - terminated with extreme prejudice!

I hope this is your cryptic way of announcing you're back in game development MLMarkland, preferably with G Ziets and Digimancy?
  10. Plane Escapee

Decline Jews jewing again

I wondered where those news posts went. Just let Saint_Proverbius post whatever he wants, this is petty and dumb. There have been just as lazily written news posts before about games that are also fairly uninteresting to the general Codex populace and/or lacking in "RPG-ness" as those two. They...
  11. Plane Escapee

Codex Favorite RPGs Database

Favorite 1. Crusader Kings II 2. Planescape: Torment 3. King of Dragon Pass 4. NEO Scavenger 5. Baldur's Gate 6. Icewind Dale 7. Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game 8. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn 9. Dead State 10. Diablo 11. Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines 12. The Witcher 13...
  12. Plane Escapee

Space Wreck - post-apocalyptic space RPG inspired by Fallout

Whenever I saw the name "Space Wreck" pop up, I was absolutely certain it was a different indie space rpg that I already knew about, for some reason. Hadn't actually clicked the thread until now (thanks to the List of Incline poll). This looks amazing!
  13. Plane Escapee

Thank you Kalin, I hope you have a lovely day!

Thank you Kalin, I hope you have a lovely day!
  14. Plane Escapee

Will you fix the List of Incline poll? Pretty please. It is causing me a great deal of distress...

Will you fix the List of Incline poll? Pretty please. It is causing me a great deal of distress. And risks damaging the site's reputation as well as the reputation of it's caretakers(!!). You can't let this slide man, you just can't let this slide.
  15. Plane Escapee

The List of Incline - 2021 Edition

Infinitron poll = not working as intended.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom