Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Plisken

1. Plisken

Amnesia: The Dark Descent (makers of Penumbra)

do yourself a favor and dont just pass on the mode, pass on that shit game entirely
  2. Plisken

Will we ever get a game with as much intricate world-building as Morrowind again?

You say "indie" these days and I'm thinking of a couple of gay unity nerds who installed a fax machine in the top's bedroom at his moms house and pretend they're a professional studio. bethesda was a smallish studio at the time of morrowind (some ~30 individuals from what i remember) but they...
  3. Plisken

Will we ever get a game with as much intricate world-building as Morrowind again?

indie dev + huge ambitious project = development hell, development burnout, "oops sorry we took your money but we cant give it back now because james spent it all on hookers", etc.
  4. Plisken

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

so i finally installed OMEGA's complete edition along with the necessary like 5 gigs of downloads..... it seems shit. Fresh out of a spawn, level one, i ran into a group of badits and subsequently some goblins, and i owned them all with my fucking woodchopper's axe. This was additionally with...
  5. Plisken

Vapourware End State - turn-based tactics by Finnish lunatic - now available on Early Access(!)

Dear Finns, if you let gun nerds have their dress up doll metagame, i guarantee the shelf life of your product is extended by at least 5 years.
  6. Plisken

Define worth playing. Remember we're on the codex where if the game is lackluster its the worst. piece. of. shit. ever. Skyrim was fun enough when it was released, its just incredibly dumb and dull after the initial novelty wears off. Theres gameplay mods that change it significantly enough...
  7. Plisken

yes. You can still swing anything, but it wont be more effective than what you're currently trained for.
  8. Plisken

that actually sounds identical to YASH, albeit i have trouble being able to reliably sidestep normal attacks (patks can see coming from a mile away of course) once theyve closed distance. That could just because I'm wearing heavy armor and physically too slow to create enough space.
  9. Plisken

combat mods are another weird one to me. I dont think they do what they think they do. People seem really attached to certain combat mods, which as far as i can tell do little other than change the AI styles (e.g aggressive, cowardly, defensive etc) and/or give them abilities like shield bashing...
  10. Plisken

vivid landscapes Thats the second time you've done this. We're talking about texture packs, TEXTURE PACKS. SMIM isnt just a texture pack, hence STATIC MESH IMPROVEMENT MOD.
  11. Plisken

playing again with the latest YASH and its still fucking good. better even. Theres now a guide for converting requiem to SE so this thread can go back on that track i guess, but if anyone is like me and really hates dealing with autistic shit, YASH is super ez to install and is very much a...
  12. Plisken

Vapourware End State - turn-based tactics by Finnish lunatic - now available on Early Access(!)

finns definitely aren't human, actually the result of some sort of grey abductee mating experiment, but if they deliver on this they're welcome to share the planet.
  13. Plisken

yet another example of modders knowing better than those bethesda hacks, give this guy the job in the industry he deserves!: :prosper: how the fuck is this an improvement? The first looks like what it is supposed to be. The second has some kind of fungus rot infested god knows what where...
  14. Plisken

These are the most popular texture packs on the nexus and i can only count one instance where I see visual IMPROVEMENT, and a lot of instances where its actively WORSE despite the mutual rub and tug modders and community give themelves about them being brilliant artists and the professionals...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom