Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by PorkyThePaladin

1. PorkyThePaladin

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry is back - coming 2024

Yeah, my 2 worries: 1. It's gonna be too "epic", every quest a battle or some momentous endeavor. What made KCD cool was the down to earth nature of it. 2. In one of the youtube videos, they mention streamlining the combat so it's more accessible but still retains hardcore stuff for people who...
  2. PorkyThePaladin

I am so hyped right now, one of you might become pregnant.
  3. PorkyThePaladin

Ghost of Tsushima - open world game set in feudal Japan

Lol, if you think Sekiro has stealth and platforming... OK, low standards, eh? I hate RDR2. Stop mindlessly clumping everything you don't understand together. And I play a lot of games, only a few are great, mostly it's shit to average stuff.
  4. PorkyThePaladin

You are still not entirely getting it. The best, most immersive games, much like real life, are about engaging in different activities. One moment you are fighting, another exploring, another engaging in interesting dialogue, or solving puzzles. This is why many of us love RPGs, they come the...
  5. PorkyThePaladin

Lol, it's like talking to a butthurt wall. Turn your brain on for a sec, bre. When I say realism, I don't mean it has to be like the real world exactly, I mean it has to exhibit the same depth and richness. So for example, a well written fantasy or sci fi work can be completely different from...
  6. PorkyThePaladin

You keep using the term "gameplay" like it means anything on its own. Tetris has gameplay in spades, arguably more elegant gameplay than whatever shit games you seem to like. But you gotta admit a person would have to be pretty retarded to play a game for hours where you are rotating bricks...
  7. PorkyThePaladin

Name some. The only ones that come to mind is Sekiro/Nioh type shit, which is a very specific type of game and is more about pushing through bosses and other artificial shit like that, rather than losing yourself in an immersive medieval Japan world.
  8. PorkyThePaladin

Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor

I am sorry, but if a bunch of developers release a game that sometimes wipes your hard drive, I don't trust them to make something good.
  9. PorkyThePaladin

Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor

From Wikipedia: "The game received lackluster reviews and was plagued with bugs. One major bug would cause a player's system files to uninstall when the game was removed.[15] Other bugs included problems with installation, saving game files, graphics, and gameplay.[2] Chris Chan of the New...
  10. PorkyThePaladin

Hope it's KCD2 or some spin-off game using the engine but not affecting KCD2 being made. But then again, it's not like Piranha Bytes didn't shit the bed with Gothic 3/Risen 2-3/Elex 2, or Logic Artists didn't implode with Expeditions: Rome. Talented gaming studios are worse than drug-addled rock...
  11. PorkyThePaladin

Hhmm, weird. Logic and heart both say it ought to be KCD2, but that image... That's modern clothing. Doesn't make any sense...
  12. PorkyThePaladin

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Porky shivers, crosses himself, and lifts the crucifix...
  13. PorkyThePaladin

I already did it for you: Back in 2018: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/very-disappointed-with-divinity-original-sin.120011/ And in 2021: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/is-divinity-original-sin-the-single-most-annoying-rpg-ever.140388/
  14. PorkyThePaladin

Shit game, news at 11. The animations WERE slow AF, tactics are pretty weak (how many times can any retard combine oil+fire or water+lightning before that shit gets old), but all of that pales in comparison to the sheer horror of Larian writing.
  15. PorkyThePaladin

Which programming language did you choose and why?

If Microsoft ever hired an engineer with perfect insight, the same exact moment a giant black hole would appear in their Redmond headquarters and suck the entire company in, in order to avoid ruining the universe with an unsolvable paradox.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom