Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Potato Canon

1. Potato Canon

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

I don't have any sympathy for anyone who would buy this. Did you not learn your lesson from the last two Bethesda monstrosities? How could you think this time would be any different?
  2. Potato Canon

Are you going to play Starfield?

The nicest thing I can say about this game is that at least it kept Bethesda distracted for a time from continuing to shit on the rotten and mutilated carcass of Fallout.
  3. Potato Canon

Clockwork Revolution - inXile's steampunk time travel first-person action-RPG led by Chad Moore and Jason Anderson

It's not like first person steampunk RPGs come out very often. It's by far the most promising of any of the announced stuff under the Microsoft umbrella.
  4. Potato Canon

People News Tim Cain launches a YouTube channel, confirms he's been semi-retired since June 2020

The videos are great but he has a pacing issue. He put out like a year or more's worth of content in a couple weeks. He's going to run out of material to make videos on.
  5. Potato Canon

Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky say a New Vegas remaster would be awesome

New Vegas absolutely will get remastered at some point. The most important thing is that Bethesda doesn't do it and twist it into one of their bug-ridden arcade-loot cash-shop circuses, and make changes to its lore to fit Bethesda Fallout. Obsidian employees are more likely to care about a New...
  6. Potato Canon

What's the ideal length for RPGs?

How long should a novel be? Long enough to not be a short story at least. Beyond that, what the story calls for.
  7. Potato Canon

Why the fuck is Witcher 3 #15 on the Codex top 101?

Answer is simple. Witcher 3 has way more tits in it than that sausagefest Elex.
  8. Potato Canon

Why you should choose PS4 Pro over PS5 thread

PS4 Pro is totally useless since it does not improve frame rates. What good is 4k or whatever if it is still only 30fps (or less)? It is a scam. PS5 is the only way to play PS4 games with an acceptable frame rate, so they don't look like crap.
  9. Potato Canon

Steam Deck ~ PC Switch

This latest "craze" has been around for about 7-8 years now and is showing no sign of going away yet despite the perpetual claims of its impending demise. It may always remain niche, but like racing wheels or flight controls are probably a permanent part of gaming from here on out.
  10. Potato Canon

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Foundations of the current Cyberpunk lore were built in the 1980's, Japanese made perfect sense at that time and why Japanese culture and imagery, corporations are heavily featured in not just the official Cyberpunk lore but the cyberpunk genre overall.
  11. Potato Canon

So you can magically turn a gun into bullets with a press of a button, magically manufacture detailed clothing from scraps at the press of a button, but you cannot remove a mod from a clothing item because "reasons".
  12. Potato Canon

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

The one good thing about this game, is that every time a terrible game is released, one can always describe it with the phrase "at least it's not as bad as Fallout 4".
  13. Potato Canon

The braindance shit was so god damn tedious and boring that it may have used up my pool of goodwill and ruined the game for me and I am only ten hours in.
  14. Potato Canon

I've endured enough game releases to keep my expectations in check for 100% of every game release but somehow I still expected a little better than this. Bugs and performance issues are not abnormal for a game launch and can be fixed over time, but the core storytelling and character issues are...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom