Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Quantomas

1. Quantomas

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Caves of Lore

Good review, and it seems also for a worthy game, so thank you! I got the info that the pathfinding zigzagging has been resolved in a recent patch, also the ranged attacker putting themselves in jeopardy. Can you confirm this? PS. Unreliable pathfinding for the attacker positioning that is...
  2. Quantomas

Fallen Gods - upcoming Norse saga-inspired roguelite from Wormwood Studios

That's not intractable. If I can find the time to participate in your playtest (and you would accept me partaking), I can figure out how things work and write a bit of code that tells your worldgen how difficult a starting position is. Something like a number between 0 and 100 (easy < 25 < ok <...
  3. Quantomas

For me formalized meta-progression is an artifact. I use the unlocks, like the new ships in FTL or the new classes in Trials of Fire, but in general I ignore the feature as good as I can. It somehow changes the nature of the game. Having to learn what items, fetches, characters, skills, their...
  4. Quantomas

Interesting, it seems FG has already a fairly sizeable array of rules that are known, plus many more from items and events to be discovered. Well, we did know this already, but browsing the rules gives one a sound understanding of the scope of the game. The space to explore. Chances are that...
  5. Quantomas

Indeed the second option makes most sense. It shows the game and the explanation gives the showcase more depth. Your explanations and comments are always a plus. Most important: make sure to record the livestream. Good to hear that there is progress that you can show.
  6. Quantomas

KickStarter Starflight 3 - upcoming sequel from original developer

Hey Blake00, very cool and nice post. I played Starflight I on an ATARI ST and still cherish the memory. I gather you are a true believer in great old games, plus you put a huge effort into help them get going. Greg Johnson obviously faces an uphill struggle, for which other oldtimers like...
  7. Quantomas

You have wrought an outstanding presentation there. The trailer and the screen shots make it clear, to people who can see and read, that this is a special game. Not only for its prose. Looks great!
  8. Quantomas

Company News Taking Care of Business - Iron Tower Studio 2021 Business Diary

Very good read. Reasons to be optimistic too! You know Brian Fargo used this stunt as well and we all know how this ended and where he ended up. In truth it isn't about the money, instead it is about keeping in control, you being in charge of your own project. That is the reason why I believe...
  9. Quantomas

Game News Strangeland is a surreal new adventure game from the creators of Primordia

Strangeland makes it big on GOG. Congrats! It must feel like a big milestone. I know how it is to get something out of the door with the meticulous standards you have set yourself. Neverending work. Well done! I will get Strangeland asap on GOG, although I am currently extremely busy. It...
  10. Quantomas

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Vault Dweller Congrats! The positive resonance you have with the current players and early access reviewers bodes well. I know you stick to your goals anyway, so no need for encouragement I guess. ;) Could you shed some light on how the uptake on Steam vs Gog compares by a relative ratio? Do you...
  11. Quantomas

Colony Ship Update #51: Early Access on April 6

Vault Dweller That is a very well done trailer. Congrats! It shows exactly what your target audience is looking for. So there is hope...
  12. Quantomas

You probably shouldn't worry about getting preempted. For one you can't afford it, with all the Viking themed games these days. And we certainly would have loved an improved FTL, maybe with text adventures in the style of Space Rangers 2. Plus it possibly would have sold like hotcakes with the...
  13. Quantomas

Glad to hear that you are still on track. These days, with all the upheaval, it is simply good to know that people are still doing fine. You are doing well here. In principle it is the same method you use to build advanced AI. Direct interactions are cheap and not that interesting. Adding...
  14. Quantomas

Totally agree. The concept is great and your writing is a USP. The assets are not AAA but for this type of gameplay they don't need to. What matters here is that they have heart, and they do. Regarding my earlier comment regarding different endings and giving do-gooders a hard time, I went back...
  15. Quantomas

It is very good that you stay true to your vision and are not heeding market forces (fan's wishes) much. Hearing about the different endings is great, as it confirms there is a lot in FG we could discover. Regarding your spot-on comments on the combat system, I do know what you speak about as...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom