Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Qwinn

1. Alpha Protocol: NOT AN RPG

I don't understand the objection here at all. RPG = randomness? Wut? The argument that if there isn't a random component, then stats don't matter, seems entirely f'ing backwards to me. The more of a random component, the LESS stats matter, the more LUCK matters. The more of the luck...
  2. Interview Immersion and the classics with Ken Levine

I haven't played Thief, but I can imagine it as having mature storytelling. But Half Life as "mature storytelling"? Really. Really? I don't remember any decent storytelling at all, at least not in the first one. "Oh look, eeeevil corporation opens a hole to hell, monsters spew out...
  3. For those who played Fallout 2 before playing Fallout

It's not wanting "Mona Fucking Lisa" for me... I just want to be able to maintain Willing Suspension of Disbelief. Fallout 1 does a much better job at allowing you to maintain that, IMO. And not being able to maintain WSoD can seriously impact how much fun the game is to play, I think. Just...
  4. Tim Cain didn't want to do FO2 and thought PS:T was a JRPG

Really? Exactly how is: Dealing with Moridor's Box Working for Craddock Getting revenge for Sev'Tai Getting Ingress home Freeing Trist from slavery Getting evidence against Byron Pikit Getting Corvus and Karina together Releasing Dimtree Taking sides in the Alley of Dangerous...
  5. Tim Cain didn't want to do FO2 and thought PS:T was a JRPG

It's a good idea for a tweak. I'm just not sure how feasible it is. If I can do it just by switching out one BAM with another, I might be able to make it work, but I think most of it is done in the engine unfortunately. And I'd rather not burn scient out with stuff like that when there's...
  6. Tim Cain didn't want to do FO2 and thought PS:T was a JRPG

If TNO's combat moves didn't include a leap forward that actually arcs -upward- instead of downward, along with the downstroke of the hugeassMF sword that makes the screen shake with Batman-like subtitles of awesomehugedamagekablammpow, followed by an extremely improbable backward slide to the...
  7. Tim Cain didn't want to do FO2 and thought PS:T was a JRPG

Sillelak: The spiky blond hair photoshop didn't make me laugh at all, but adding the ridiculously oversized sword was freakin' hilarious. Kudos. :lol: Qwinn
  8. Tim Cain didn't want to do FO2 and thought PS:T was a JRPG

I really don't get the bitching about having to fight Ravel. She fights you explicitly because she believed it would "satisfy the prophecies" or somesuch. She's actually trying to -help- you by fighting you, which is a pretty good reason for why you can't talk her out of it. Besides the fact...
  9. Tim Cain didn't want to do FO2 and thought PS:T was a JRPG

At the end of the "Credits" section (page 37), there's a "Thanks To:" section where each of the major designers gets to give their personal thanks. The last one, "Ken L.", said: That's probably what you're thinking of. I wouldn't say that one designer saying that equals a "big inspiration"...
  10. Gold Box SSI's Gold Box Series Thread

The dragons at the top of the tower, and the final fight in the game, while difficult, are definitely doable without the Dust. It's quite possible to do them without having any party member get knocked unconscious, in fact (though that will likely take some reloading). Mulmaster, on the...
  11. Gold Box SSI's Gold Box Series Thread

If you mean that you have no control over the character and it just skips over him during your turns, it's possible that you accidentally set him to be computer controlled at some point. I did that a few times, took me a while of messing around to figure out how to turn that off. I -think- it...
  12. Temple of Elemental Evil

The fixes of the CO8 mod are definitely worth installing. Some of the added/restored content is, well, just plain kinda weird. Some of it is enjoyable though. I'd say the extra stuff is worth installing on a 2nd playthrough, if the game entertains you enough to play it twice. As far as the...
  13. Planescape Questions

JimCojones: There is no such alternate ending. All the text you quoted is already available in the game. That bit you quoted -can- continue (if you know enough about yourself) about whether or not youl continue to forget things after you die, but TO never agrees to the deal in question, nor...
  14. Good ideas found in myths and folklore

Well, it's not like anyone -with- funding's gonna ask me about it unless I leave -some- sort of hook out there :p Qwinn

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom