Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by rado907

1. rado907

Games that spark joy

ToME4 and Wesnoth.
  2. rado907

RTS essentials

Heroes of Annihilated Empires (2006) was an RTS with RPG elements, something like WC3 but with more of everything except balance. All I remember was that the campaign was wacky but enjoyable. Spellforce 3 looks similar but I never tried it. Another RTS title with a fun single-player campaign...
  3. rado907

KickStarter Songs of Syx - City Builder/Grand Strategy game with Emphasis on Scale

Played it, was quite good, comparable to the beavers game. Overall it's a standard city builder inspired by Settlers, DF and Caesar III, the main gimmick being sheer SCALE. One of the better city-builders of the last couple of years, recommended for genre fans.
  4. rado907

Myth: The Fallen Lords and Myth 2: Soulblighter

Myth 2 is one of the best games ever and has aged well. I replayed it 7 years ago and there were community patches than made it playable on modern machines. The story was good, the gameplay was good, the balance was good, the looks were good - the game is a great representative of what we had in...
  5. rado907

Commandos-Like Partisans 1941 - real-time tactics in WW2 Russia

Beat the game - 15 missions and 8 partisans. The core gameplay is pure Commandos on a budget, but the missions are less cinematic and diverse. The main addition to the genre is the way the game handles the firearms cheese. In Commandos, you could cheese enemies by attracting them around corners...
  6. rado907

Commandos-Like Partisans 1941 - real-time tactics in WW2 Russia

Beat mission 3. The game is all right, something like Commandos 2 meets Robin Hood, with a touch of Men of War. One thing I can't help but think playing this is, man, games were good 20 years ago. The gameplay in Partisans is the classic stuff, very reminiscent of Commandos. You crawl around...
  7. rado907

RPG Bullshit that's an instant refund/uninstall

I hate it when I need to metagame to progress/win. ADOM & Darkest Dungeon are egregious offenders in this regard in my book. Scaling is annoying but not a deal breaker. But yeah, it's annoying in Oblivion and Witcher III when you max out and reach demigod level and for some reason the hapless...
  8. rado907

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

I always assumed that would be the case. Don't see how we can have a proper sequel outside of an infinity engine v2. Which Larian don't have. Besides, BG ended. It doesn't need a sequel. I take BG3 as "Larian does D&D". Which is a fine proposition in itself. Not sure getting the BG trademark is...
  9. rado907

Grand Strategy Have you played Total War and/or Paradox games?

What are the AGEod games like? Never tried them.
  10. rado907

Grand Strategy Have you played Total War and/or Paradox games?

Loved the first MTW, it was a revelation. Didn't enjoy the titles that followed. Did play WHTW2 anf it was decent. Paradox has been releasing incredible games for 20 tears. Loved EU2, HoI1&2 (+mods), and CK1-3. Liked Vicky but never got into it much. Stellaris and HoI4 were all right. EU3&4...
  11. rado907

Decline There's nothing more immersive than music

Music matters, but graphics, art direction, and dialogue also help.
  12. rado907

Red Dead Redemption 2 - now available on PC

Impressions - minor spoilers. Beat the main story, could not stand to play the epilogue(s). Good game with spectacular production values; but the story is uneven and the gameplay eventually becomes stale. RDR2 is of the open-world period/world-simulation interactive-movie genre, like Witcher...
  13. rado907

MASS EFFECT 5 - yes or no

I say no - do another IP instead. ME was great, peaked with ME2, ended with ME3, Andromeda was a mistake, just leave this one be.
  14. rado907

Red Dead Redemption 2 - now available on PC

Finally got around to playing this one. It's insane. The graphics are godly, the story and dialogue are excellent (laughs galore, occasional tingles), there are a million things to do and it just keeps going. You go from the Rockies to the Wild West to the sleepy rural South to New Orleans to...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom