Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by random_encounter

1. The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

I doubt they're promoting him for any input he has in design, moreso for his ability to steer administration into fulfilling whatever mandate that EA wants out of them. He's filling in for the docs who, by the end of their careers at Bioware, had become largely talking heads in managerial...
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

That's...a lot of words to explain basic dungeon mastering concepts like "setting the mood" or "atmosphere". Because it's Bioware, though, it has to be new to everyone else, right?
  3. Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

From the videos, all that beat 'em up slashing would get him smeared by low level trash mobs looking for a good time in Dark Souls. The narrow dodge in the blinding screen of fire from the overgrown lizard flying overhead? Insta-death to teach the player a lesson in timing and margins of error...
  4. Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

At 1:55, Mortal Kombat at 1:55. "GET OVER HERE!"
  5. Interview Might & Magic X Gameplay Video + Developer Q&A

Visible foes, grid based movement, blob attacks -- it's like staring at an updated version of Terra/Xeen mixed with a little Mandate. And I'm liking that approach a lot.
  6. Game News Polygon reports on Might & Magic X Legacy at PAX East, game to be released in September

I guess the author is trying to describe random encounters? I wonder if that means they've gone back to using unseen randoms rather than visible ones. All the trailer seemed to show was combat after 80% of it was wasted on fluff. I'm venturing to guess that the switching refers to just clicking...
  7. KickStarter Shroud of the Avatar - Lord British's Not-Ultima Online 2

TOR's vast, fully voiced, MMORPG with tons of associated overhead. Essentially, they wanted it to take the place of a third Old Republic single player game and wanted an alternative source of revenue to shore up their online presence and thew buckets of it into a blitzkrieg to do just that. MMO...
  8. KickStarter Shroud of the Avatar - Lord British's Not-Ultima Online 2

Or perhaps he should hit up Ellwood "Bunky" Bartlett for some of his lottery millions. That guy wanted to Kickstart his own MMO, too.
  9. Game News Shadowrun Returns Alpha Gameplay Footage

Awesome. I also failed to back this one when I had the chance to, so this is great. Laughed when they brought in Armitage from the SNES version. Can't wait to play this.
  10. KickStarter Shroud of the Avatar - Lord British's Not-Ultima Online 2

Much respect for Garriott and Ultima, but right now, the initial pitch doesn't seem half as compelling as others were on their first day, either. Also:
  11. Wildman Discussion Thread

Sad article, but: Focusing on the nostalgia effect behind titles like Star Citizen seems like a copout. Shadowrun is still a popular tabletop game with a massive fanbase despite the bastardization of some of the fiction by Catalyst. The last Shadowrun video game adaptation that came out was...
  12. Wildman Discussion Thread

It's not going to "change everything", but Kickstarter and other associated tools make it plausible for a few established devs to function as indies in getting their GREATEST IDEAS EVAR IGNORED BY BIG AAA COMPANIES funded by like-minded individuals instead of idling for the next contract...
  13. People News David Gaider Complains about "Increasingly Toxic" Fan Feedback

You don't mean this one, do you? It was a post on what used to be Hellforge, and IIRC, Weekes had a fit yelling about "Campbellian archetypes" before issuing an apology a day or so later.
  14. Game News Dragon Age III: Inquisition Announced - Open Letter From Executive Producer

I think I'll wait for the Czech's Inquisition instead but between this and the survey leaks, I'm morbidly curious to see what pans out. It'll be an adventure! Pandemic beat them to it a few years ago with LOTR: Conquest. What an hilariously amazing shitfest that was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom