Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Riel

1. Riel

Incline Dune, best boardgame ever, reprinted by GF9

This is a great game, but it is way too hardcore and unforgiving for most players to play well, and as result most of my games have finished in a pitiful battle of about 3 troops vs 1 with one side having no leaders while the axlotl tanks were filled to the brim... Personally I think REX Last...
  2. Riel

Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Knight Academy in VR mod

So after playing with this a bit more I can say it works for the most part very well. These are my thought on it: Sometimes when trying to activate a lever/button etc it will be complicated to get the engine to recognise the action and you have to do multiple tries Sniping has been nerfed very...
  3. Riel

Your favorite strategy games.

Recent Games: Battle Brothers Crusader Kings II Terra Invicta Older games clouded by the good old times vive: Europa Universalis II Lords of the Realms II Master of Orion II Heroes of Might and Magic III Master of Magic Dune II Warcraft Starcarft Total War Shogun I
  4. Riel

Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Knight Academy in VR mod

So I just stumbled into a mod with which you can play both games in your quest, pico 4 or even SteamVR, which basically means almost any headset is compatible. And it's not just something like VorpX, it's a whole new interface and weapon control with VR. You aim with your hands, you throw...
  5. Riel

KickStarter Terra Invicta - sci-fi grand strategy from Long War mod creators - now available on Early Access

Yeah the game is a bit disappointing once you learn the tricks necessary to beat it. Hopefully they can polish it a bit more before they "release" it but it still is one of a kind so I am satisfied with the purchase and my time on it.
  6. Riel

KickStarter Terra Invicta - sci-fi grand strategy from Long War mod creators - now available on Early Access

As mentioned above I was talking about Marine Power, not number of Marine pods. Depending of the tech level of the marine pod they have something between 5 and 20 military power each... I don't really know the numbers now, but something like that. Anyway you can see the exact value in the ship...
  7. Riel

I have never tried that, lol. Does it? I always assumed PD from the base would preempt any attempt at using missiles/torpedoes against it and I never read about it being a thing.
  8. Riel

A month ago I cleansed several Alien bases with Elite Marines in my last run, I did destroy the Alien Space Base in regular space battle first though, but I don't know if that makes any difference.
  9. Riel

Aliens do not cheat with resources, so if you let them harvest resources for a long time they will spawn hundreds of ships, and yeah in that even finishing the game is a chore. You can destroy their bases earlier to avoid that. Generally speaking if you go past the mid 40s without having engaged...
  10. Riel

Another thing that bears careful management is relation with other AI factions. Proper alien hate management to not trigger retaliations when it's most inconvenient of course, but also with other human factions which is what I want to talk about since there's plenty of guides available...
  11. Riel

This screenshot makes me believe you lost the geopolitical game much before that happened. 83 science by 2035 is a joke, 138 mission command is very low and 3.4 influence tells me popular support on earth for the resistance is almost non existent. So a few tips for that: BOOST is only useful...
  12. Riel

Some of my thoughts on Space tactics. First a review on Weapons: Laser: precise but hits like a pea-shooter at medium range, only useful as short range weapon but mostly as Point defence against enemy missiles and magnetic weapons. Railguns tier 1 and 2: Hits like a truck but they are so slow...
  13. Riel

Yes, combat is a little bit retarded... it is supposed to be realistic, but then it expects you to pilot 20~ ships simultaneously. I mean you are either the admiral of a fleet and give general commands to all the ships in your fleet or you are a ship captain and you have to command your ship...
  14. Riel

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

The base game is shallow and narrow, with DLCs it's still shallow but at least you have plenty options to experience. This game offers a great discover value, it is very atmospheric and the early and mid game are fun, late game is a chore. To this date I have played stellaris over the years...
  15. Riel

In my second play through I made the solar system smaller and it changed things quite a lot, suddenly rather than a gazillion asteroids there was like 30 or so, many of them barely profitable due to very low yields or them being water+volatiles which are over abundant, but getting noble metals...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom