Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Risine

1. From Software Demon's Souls 2 theory

Confirmed -almost- it will happen. Will not be Demon Souls 2, but a whole new IP, project beast. :P http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=812089
  2. From Software Demon's Souls 2 theory

I have always wondered since the very first information we had concerning Dark Souls 2, why the project leader of Dark souls Miyazaki was not involved ( well, just consultant to be precise ). Besides, with the coming of the next gen consoles, why the hell would Dark Souls 2 still be an old gen...
  3. Hasbro And Atari D&D Rights Settlement

Baldur's Gate 3 made by CDProjekt, that would be amazing
  4. TWitcher 2, the general Codex rating

W2 is a great game, especially the atmosphere of the game. And there is a real artistic direction behind, technical aspects are not just here for marketing stuff like some other games, but to support the artists vision. It's probably not exactly the game I would have liked it to be, and it has...
  5. Review Jeff Vogel Reviews Dragon Age II

DA2 is flawed in every aspect as a RPG, be it action, exploration, atmosphere, dialogues, graphics, DA, in every aspect. And the same as an action game. If this was the case - but not created by Bioware of course - , this game would have probably the same notation metacritics players gave...
  6. Review Dragon Age II Review Extravaganza

There's too much money in play to let spotty immature kids calling themselves game journalists draw their opinion to 'consumers'. Game magazines are nothing more than publisher's products showcase, and that has been the case for a very long time now. And that won't change as long as magazines...
  7. Will you play DA2?

Before the demo, yes. After the demo, absolutely no way I spend a few hours on that stuff.
  8. Interview Dragon Age II Won't Be Dumbed Down

Pretty easy to understand. They just want to make that in one year development, not ten years. EA Bioware don't give a fuck to the quality of this game, and that's a huge difference with blizzard, who : _ keeps the best stuff of their games ( iso view for instance? ). _Improves them in every...
  9. Game News Let's All Play Dragon Age 2

OMG this demo was so painful to play... I can't believe it, they failed in EVERY aspect of the game. _ Characters are just ... awful. _ Exterior and sceneries are inexistant. Just a long and empty corridor. Even the town IS A corridor. _ Camera is clearly not done for strategic play, but...
  10. Preview Dragon Age II Preview

I rather call it a static FPS.
  11. Dragon Effect (aka Dragon Age 2) vs TWitcher 2

Good points. And I'd add one thing. Atmosphere and art direction is wonderful in the witcher. That's the first 3D RPG game( well aside UW and Arx Fatalis ) I really get in and enjoy. Entering the first part of the town was really a wonderful experience, especially the poor quarter, by night...
  12. Interview The Witcher 2 is not an Action RPG

Come on guys, give them a chance! We haven't seen such an interesting and devoted developer since Black Isle and Troika, and they are far away from Bioware and Beteshda marketing mentality. Besides, the only clues they gave us about the game are about C&C , and it looks like more than...
  13. Willl we ever see isometric style CRPGs ever again?

I remember rotating every 2 seconds the camera in the dungeons in NW2 to be sure I was not missing some door / ennemy whatever. Come on ! Is this part of the gameplay? This is just fucking up 50% of the fun of a game.
  14. Willl we ever see isometric style CRPGs ever again?

That's really sad Bioware / Obsidian haven't had the same "politics" as Blizzard concerning their games. Basically, Blizzard keeps whatever worked well and what people liked in their games and try to improve the whole stuff by small touches. They added the 3D, but kept the Iso 3D POV, because...
  15. Preview The Witcher 2 Preview

This game will be great. What an astmospher !!! That was one of my main concerns about Witcher2 : would they be able to keep such an amospher from the 1st one? (especially the first part of the town). That shoud be really interesting to present side by side Witcher2 / and "AAA" DA&DA 2...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom