Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by rogozhin

1. rogozhin

Open the borders of GD and Politics

While GD and Politics have always been awful, they have also at times been very entertaining. Nowadays, GD is a trannyless wasteland and Politics looks like this guy having a conversation with himself that is so boring and stupid, anyone who is not that guy doesn't bother to read it, let...
  2. rogozhin

Games on drugs

I've always found Civ 4 and Paradox games very relaxing when stoned. Also, as already mentioned, King of Dragon Pass. Deus Ex. Morrowind. Worms.
  3. rogozhin

Have you played Serpent in the Staglands?

I have played it for a few hours and am enjoying it. World building / art style / atmosphere is great and so is the open exploration. I love it when an RPG gives me the feeling of discovering a strange world instead of playing through a clichéd fantasy plot. The writing is pretty good as well...
  4. rogozhin

Favorite/best/interesting voice casts?

:bounce: In Morrowind, the hoarseness of the Dunmer voices added a lot to the atmosphere for me. Sounded like inhabitants of a harsh land swept by sandstorms are supposed to sound. For the same reason those face replacement mods that give them perfect skin are an abomination.
  5. rogozhin

Completed Let's Solo Icewind Dale EE on Insane + Heart of Fury + Ironman!

:salute: Going F/M/T for a change should be interesting.
  6. rogozhin

Spore - Tell me more

7. rogozhin

Why are Character Models so ugly? DISCUSS!!!

I disliked the character models a lot at first (especially trolls with their cartoonishly large upper bodies) but once you get used to them, they work quite well. It is a beautiful game and I don't think there's more of a divergence between characters and backgrounds than in e.g. the IE games.
  8. rogozhin

Great and terrible masters, I request a boon

Ban Neckbeard Shitlord for apparently not having played SMAC.
  9. rogozhin

Incline NEO Scavenger: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival RPG

Did I just manage to fuck up the main quest right at its start?
  10. rogozhin

Most atmospheric game

Yeah, Diablo 1 was grimdark done right. The subdued colours, sparse music and creepy sound design worked just perfectly together. Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain was also amazing in that regard. Other than that, Primordia cannot be mentioned often enough, and Blackwell Unbound did a great job as...
  11. rogozhin

Why aren't historical time periods used more as settings within RPGs

Apart from that I don't see what's wrong with confining the player to a minor role in the grand scheme of things. I'd love to play a JA2 / Expeditions: Conquistador style game in which you control a band of mercenaries simply out for personal fame and riches, working for multiple opposing...
  12. rogozhin

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

What I find amazing about DF DC (didn't play DMS nor the original DF release) isn't even so much that it's truly great in some aspects, but that it isn't bad in any. As a storyfag (or perhaps rather atmospherefag) who also loves well done tactical combat, the absence of both filler combat and...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom