Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by roll-a-die

1. roll-a-die

Grimoire Thread

I think Crispy was here when I got here.
  2. roll-a-die

Grimoire Thread

Fuck I feel old.
  3. roll-a-die

[MandaloreGaming] Arcanum Review

Nope, I said that it's good but not a masterpiece because of poor implementation, and that it was "one of the best games to talk about, and one of the worst games to play." You took this subjective statement, and assumed I was making an objective argument, and then asked for proof of my...
  4. roll-a-die

You didn't ask me for quality complaints, you asked me for times where the game wasted your time, or created unpleasant game feel. I explained them. You refuted them by calling them good. I didn't create a quality complaint. I explained how they wasted your time. Please quit being so autistic...
  5. roll-a-die

Literally, you have a choice between combat being a clusterfuck, or wasting your time. You have a "choice" between tech or magic, but from the perspective of a player, choosing tech requires you to waste a lot of time compared to magic, for lesser power. Magic has a lot of options, sorting...
  6. roll-a-die

From design standpoints: Jagged Alliance 2 does TB Combat better. Planescape: Torment does story better. BG1 does a broad world better and more coherently. Icewind Dale does RtwP combat better. Arcanum isn't trash, but it's not anywhere near the best in any category. It's good. But it's not...
  7. roll-a-die

The expected public of a niche games review like this, is a gamer. Gamers, especially ones likely to understand and be interested in this type of game. Are likely to have the background knowledge to know the basics. For instance, he didn't need to spend a full 3 minutes expounding on the...
  8. roll-a-die

Brevity is the soul of wit, and I can't believe my motormouthed ass is the one saying that. John Nash, 26 pages, 2 references, foundational paper for describing game theory. Non-Cooperative Games. Eventually formed the nucleus of his nobel prize winning paper. Big videos eat time. The most...
  9. roll-a-die

Wizardry .

Wizardry Online(King Comrade)
  10. roll-a-die

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Men, other men, manlier men, and less than manly men, I have every piece of content for this game now. Now I simply need to play it more than once a month.
  11. roll-a-die

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

This is true. I'm just saying, it's not impossible. As there's been several projects in the past that just needed someone autistic enough to handle the decompilation. Though I will say, that modding for Minecraft is pretty rapidly swapping to fabric which uses Mixin's which AFAIK doesn't rely...
  12. roll-a-die

Fun fact. Minecrafts code is obfuscated. The fans for years would go through, run code analysis, and deobfuscate the code and then run it through a tool to repack it into an obfuscated form after they made modifications too it. This project was and still is called Minecraft Forge. When...
  13. roll-a-die

Community RPG Codex Top Ten Vintage RPGs Poll Results

Vintage refers to anything from a specific era. 1980s Vintage Clothing. Retro refers to things that are in the style of a certain vintage. More generally retro means something styled to look like it's from 3 or more hype cycles ago. 1980s-style Retro clothing. Antique is the only one with a...
  14. roll-a-die

The difficulty spike at Carnifex's fight is INSANE. Like I went from literally steamrolling to dead first round 9/10 times.
  15. roll-a-die

I'm gonna say this now, if this shits sequel is as good as this shit, I'mma probably play the shit out of it too. I've just made it through Rail Crossing. My basic build is a DnD rogue. Sneak and stab, and die if I don't kill things quick enough. 0 Crafting skills, some talky skills. Mostly...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom