Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Runciter

1. RTS essentials

What's missing are these RTSs with a twist: - Seven Kingdoms (esp. 2): Classic formula but more detailed diplomacy / population / economy management. - Wargame (esp. Red Dragon): Goes beyond rock/paper/scissors, trumping rules are pseudorealistic and contextual, involving terrain / distance /...
  2. Can the simple & shallow be good? Or Im becoming a popamole old fag?

For me what kills a game nowadays is "I've seen it before already." I also rarely read fiction or watch Hollywood movies any more. Maturing is a bitch.
  3. Amnesia: Rebirth - sequel to Amnesia: The Dark Descent set in the desert of Algeria

So just in the opening 15 minutes Rebirth consists of: - cringeworthy melancholic narration - cringeworthy emo shit dialogue on the airplane - jarring alternate universe flashes in view from airplane window - first-person sequence with no control - QTE - cringeworthy snowflake notes outside the...
  4. KickStarter BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION - isometric post-apocalyptic adventure from STASIS developer

I gave this a shot. It has a great atmosphere thanks to the graphics and South African dialogue. The world is pretty unique, the opening had me hooked. But I couldn't suspend disbelief about the characters and the story, and this combined with the "fetch quest" gameplay loop put me off after...
  5. SOMA (Frictional Games)

I can't believe I missed this until now. The gameplay is subordinate to the story, true, but the story, detailed environment and immersion make it worth it, and the horror elements just make it more intense. I didn't have the motivation to finish games like Amnesia but I felt compelled to find...
  6. Incline Unreal Engine 5: final nail of Unity's coffin?

Photorealistic except there is something off with the water ripples, the colour green is not supported and when you climb you're not supposed to keep your ass away from the wall or it will pull you off. Nonetheless I was impressed.
  7. Community RPG Codex 2019 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

This made me realise I didn't play any game released in 2019.
  8. Games you remember having a blast with

If you're looking for deeper mechanics: Space Engineers Project Zomboid Wargame: Red Dragon CK2 DCS
  9. The problem with the RTS genre

You guys should check out Wargame: Red Dragon. It's a niche RTS for grown-ups that's relatively recent and still has an active player base. Has some micro but APM isn't the determining factor.
  10. Indie Space Sims - post 'em if you find 'em

Does it support TrackIR and HOTAS-FOP? Just Newtonian doesn't do it for me any more.
  11. KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Release Thread

Isn't the similarity obvious? I wish they hadn't gone the dichromatic route.
  12. KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Release Thread

Another screenshot leaked:
  13. Modern air combat flight sims?

The planes look good indeed but the terrain is pretty cheap. The higher density mesh doesn't work well with low detail textures. I was expecting more from the 2.5 Caucasus map.
  14. Preview Underworld Ascendant PAX South 2018 Trailer, Gameplay Footage and Previews

It looks like Star Citizen - limited to two colour hues in every scene.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom