Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Sòren

1. Sòren

Incline RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2024 - VOTE ONLY THREAD

there is no specific order above, since it wasn't asked for, but yes, it's one of my favourite RPGs, despite the simplistic mechanics. it's like an excellent tabletop campaign, designed by a friend who put a lot of love and heart into it.
  2. Sòren

Incline RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2024 - VOTE ONLY THREAD

1. Drakensang River of Time 2. Baldurs Gate 1 3. Baldurs Gate 2 4. ATOM RPG 5. Vampire: Bloodlines 6. Age of Decadence 7. Fallout 8. Gothic 2 9. The Chronicles of Myrtana: Archolos 10. Planescape Torment hidden gems (some of them just added here because i think they would really stretch the...
  3. Sòren

Game News Unforetold: Witchstone cancelled

release a game into EA knowing fully well the next month will be your last oh sry dearest customer, but i am sure we will manage this - together!
  4. Sòren

No Rest For The Wicked - Isometric Action RPG with Unprecedented Verticality from The Maker of Ori Games - now on Early Access

"pay attention to your surroundings that reward you with precious items! .... they are randomized" yeah, okay, i'm out for now. there is not a single game with (100%) randomized loot i like. it kills exploration for me.
  5. Sòren

No Rest For The Wicked - Isometric Action RPG with Unprecedented Verticality from The Maker of Ori Games - now on Early Access

i thought the same, but then i remembered, i wouldn't have given the Ori games a chance either purely based on gameplay videos (i'm not a big fan of metroid likes and it's not like Moon Studios invented a new kind of the wheel here), yet they are magnificent.
  6. Sòren

Layoffs at ZA/UM, unannounced game cancelled

"risk of redundancy" laughing out loud. HR are evolving their language i see. it's always funny to observe how wasteful game companies use their ressources once they got one or two successful projects. manager guy: "so what is this?" developer: "so here we have -" manager guy: "naa, needs...
  7. Sòren

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming Fall 2024

is that really all the content the have to show at the moment? and it's supposed to be released in like half a year? two short npc conversations, couple of fights and the world looks empty. i would assume if the had some finished settelements we would see some of those?
  8. Sòren

did your prayer work?

did your prayer work?
  9. Sòren

BLACKTAIL - Archery, Magic, and Slavic myths

the game's polished, it has very interesting story and lore to provide, the environments and its colours are not repulsive to the eyes, despite being very colourful, great voiceacting (much better than higher budget games from Obsidian for example). gameplay might not be that engaging, boss...
  10. Sòren

Decline Obsidian's Creative-Bankruptcy compared to Other Non-Obsidian Upcoming large CRPGs... Is there any hope for Obsidian to ever make it big?

i think a better example how incompetently obsidian handles their worldbuilding in PoE 1 and 2 is that someone decided it is a smart move to reveal THE BIGGEST MYSTERY IN TEH WORLD (origin of the gods) in their first installment and then manage to make it even more ridiculous by making the gods...
  11. Sòren

Why do modern RPGs have 0% soul?

i always find myself playing, or willing to play, the Drakensang games again. no matter what people think about them, and i admit they are far from perfect on a mechanical level, they have a discerning beauty and innocence. they didn't want to tell a story concerning any politics, telling people...
  12. Sòren

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

oh come on. that is completely unnecessary. why would you use any other weapon if that's the case?
  13. Sòren

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

i always give the feat to my sniper and/or pistolero, but lategame most the time. there are more than enough energy cells around, i generally end up with ~100 after leaving the habitat. a high crit sniper build makes incredible amount of damage with that feat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom