Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Saark

1. Saark

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

It's not as big as TI (yet). It had $15mil prizepool last year, but they're spreading things around to a lot more esports this time around, so the Dota2 prizepool is currently set at $5mil (this might change, but it's the most recent info). More importantly, the spread of the prizepool is a lot...
  2. Saark

The difference is that the teams that still exist, can actually play, practice and even decide to not participate in certain tournaments or end up placing badly, without having to worry about their livelihoods. Obviously there's a risk of getting replaced if you keep on sucking, and most orgs...
  3. Saark

That's essentially what they did by no longer having insane crowdfunding happening for TI. Imagine the outrage if Valve kept making the old battlepasses that brought in tens of millions, but capping the prizepool "for the sake of the scene". So the new no-battlepass situation is a win-win for...
  4. Saark

TI having a lower prize pool ultimately ends up better for players, because it forces teams to pay actual salaries and benefits whereas previously they could essentially just say "just win TI lmao" or one of the other major tournaments. While that approach worked for a handful of teams who...
  5. Saark

Not a Valve-specific issue though, esports bubble burst years ago and most circuits and professional scenes that aren't subsidized or fully funded by the developers as part of the marketing budget, are struggling financially and/or dying. The only people throwing money at esports at this point...
  6. Saark

I think that's their goal. The big prizepool will come from the Saudis now, with the esports "World Cup" event in Riyadh rumored to be a $50mil prizepool in 2025 (across all games). No need to compete with that when they can just drag their feet and do a smaller event for TI that is no longer...
  7. Saark

Lost Ark Online

Yeah, they'll just sit in Universal Storage and you'll have to re-arrange your stuff.
  8. Saark

Lost Ark Online

It's not really a problem I would say. They merged a fuckton of servers, and regions, so theres no more EUW and EUC with 15 and 10 servers respectively, but everything is merged into 5 servers now. I think the NA/SA servers were merged in a similar way. Bots come and go, sometimes prices of...
  9. Saark

Lost Ark Online

The meat of the game is in its Legion Raids, which weren't even available on the game's release, since it took a few months until Valtan. Until then, the uncontrolled botting situation and abysmal server performance turned off a lot of people from the game. The actual combat in the raids and the...
  10. Saark

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Maybe they hotfixed it, I seem to remember it working when I played shortly after release. Either way, it's a great way to level, but it's a bit painful if you can't manage the Stamina drain. 400% XP is big though.
  11. Saark

World of Warcraft: Dragon Desperation

Half the reason to play MoP is because it had one of the best class design of any WoW expansion, the other half is because the raids were well done. If this is wasting most raids on shitty leveling where players barely have access to half their kit, and using the retail talent system and...
  12. Saark

Slay the Spire 2

13. Saark

Just call off your pawns to get the last hit. Won't always work, but it'll do 99/100 times. It's not even that important for boss monsters, since they're only a small portion of the XP you get, it's mostly the small goblins and bandits that suddenly start giving 2k XP a pop instead of 500, and...
  14. Saark

It's great to swap in at the last health bar to grab the killing blow for 4x XP.
  15. Saark

Anime Honkai: Star Rail - It sucks almost as much as mods changing titles

I mean, it's a spade, cause you know, gambler. But I agree, it doesn't look great. Overall I didn't mind Aventurine being the protag for most of 2.1, as it not only gave us some more insight into him, but also the IPC and how it operates. So far the IPC seemed to be a "big bad evil IRS" type of...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom