Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Saxon1974

1. Saxon1974

Baldur's Gate Why do YOU hate Baldur's Gate 3?

Agree with this. Modern fantasy has become so boring and generic. I would prefer a more sword and sorcery style, slaves, warlords, low magic etc... If you look at Middle-Earth which was the biggest influence on modern fantasy IMO, it has very little magic and hardly any that is in your face...
  2. Saxon1974

Baldur's Gate Why do YOU hate Baldur's Gate 3?

I voted for #1 but for a couple of reasons already mentioned. 1. I don't like the 3d camera, never can get it to look right angle wise.. 2. I don't like how everything is blocked into large areas that are level controlled. I liked how divine divinity was wide open from the start. I hear BG3...
  3. Saxon1974

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep - Director's Cut

Tried to start this game at least 5 times and always just get bored. Really liked Wasteland 2 so not sure what happened with this one. W2 felt like a sequel to W1 but this feels nothing like the originals
  4. Saxon1974

Icewind Dale Icewind Dale is a very boring, bad game

IWD has possibly the best atmosphere of any game ever. Music is great too. Everything else you said is true, it's just a string of fights one after another. I could never get more than about half way through it.
  5. Saxon1974

Very disappointed with Divinity: Original Sin

What I think I dislike most about the DOS 1 & 2 is how they are broken up into "Acts" where you can't freely explore the world but only the map for the act your currently in. Also don't like how there are corridors even in the wilderness. I also find the Camera a pain as it's too zoomed down...
  6. Saxon1974

Forgotten Realms: Unlimited Adventures (FRUA) thread

Thanks. I registered for the forum but it has to be approved. Didn't see it on a quick search. I may just play a different module.
  7. Saxon1974

Forgotten Realms: Unlimited Adventures (FRUA) thread

I am having issues with The Veiled Society adventure 05. It seems to freeze and never recover after I return from the Vorloi estate early in the game. I am also using the GBC tool for mapping and it also wipes out my entire map around this same time. I had no issues with Journey to the Rock...
  8. Saxon1974

What should I know before starting PF:K?

Prepare for plenty of political correctness with the NPCs. One is very oppressed because she is beautiful...oh the horror but look out she can fight as well as any man. Another beat up her whole tribe of men and left.
  9. Saxon1974

Thanks. Probably won't play it that much, too many games and too little time and what I played of the original didn't impress me much but since I kick-started should get something out of it. Wish I would have known it would feel nothing like the originals or would have never backed. I liked...
  10. Saxon1974

Still haven't played this. I assume waiting a bit more for directors cut patching makes sense. Anyone know if more patches are incoming?
  11. Saxon1974

Game News The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut Released

When will Brian finally admit they should have made a game more like the originals? What a travesty
  12. Saxon1974

Do you prefer kingmaker or DOS2?

Another dissapointment in DOS 2 is the soundtrack. It doesn't sound bad but not memorable. The composer Borislav Slavov did the soundtrack to Knights oh Honor and it's an awesome piece so I had high hopes he could fill in admirably after Kirrill passed but this is very average. Dang.
  13. Saxon1974

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

I want my camel speech translator!!!!
  14. Saxon1974

Seems more like Kingmaker here. I prefer turn based combat though; since there is a mod for TB kingmaker in the works I am going to wait for that to play it as I never liked RTWP much. DOS2 is decent so far, but man I just don't like the camera. I had to install a camera mod to allow vertical...
  15. Saxon1974

Curious what most of the codex prefer of these two games? Only played a little of each so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom