Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by SCO

1. SCO

taxalot plays Quest for Glory

A thief in QFG could become anything except a fighter anyway. It's no accident that the majority of time i replay these games i start with a thief in qfg 1: you can right away get one ( two ? ) extra out of class skills and in qfg 2 you get the other one and can become a paladin or a wizard (you...
  2. SCO

Detention is the best horror adventure of the decade?

Can't resist some discussion - don't read this if you're planning to play obviously. I especially liked that the few jump scares that exist (except the ghosts), all had a story related (hidden) point. The second especially is pretty interesting and blatant in (major spoilers below) I also...
  3. SCO

Detention is the best horror adventure of the decade?

Y/N? low effort shitpost in order to call attention to this game and encourage people to play it for the 4 hours it lasts without spoiling.
  4. SCO

Any good adventure/platformer hybrids?

OnEscape is not good, Dex is a rpg hybrid but might fit your tastes (because the character dialog is 'complex enough' even if there are no 'real' puzzles just opportunities for hidden quest rewards in the form of scheduling quests). To the OP, try some of the more puzzle oriented platformers or...
  5. SCO

Wadjet Eye Unavowed - Dave Gilbert's RPG-inspired urban fantasy game

It's a ok game but i like some of their other previous games more. I'm also thinking that WE is sort of diffusing their effort here for very little payoff cause they aren't a studio that can pump out one of these every semester - between paying actors/artists and designing puzzles for 6...
  6. SCO

taxalot plays Quest for Glory

QFG3 is the weakest qfg precisely because of bad pacing and unobvious triggers. Many other QFGs had 'points of no return' or stand-alone segments be initiated by the player, but most didn't place idiotic requirements, provided alternate paths, or just let you die. You can tell it was rushed...
  7. SCO

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

https://developer.apple.com/macos/whats-new/#deprecationofopenglandopencl Apple finally 'deprecated' opengl. And by finally i mean 'good, emulators can kick to the curb retards that bought macs'.
  8. SCO

HITMAN 2 - the new NON-episodic Hitman game

It's a symptom of wanting to eat the cake (brand recognition) and keep it (don't confuse retards into thinking they 'have' to play the old games and 'get turned away' by 'obsolete' gameplay). Also helps in all of the google searches of the old game giving visibility to the new game. Always at...
  9. SCO

Do you metagame?

Metaknowledge is fun if the game provides a minimal structure and depth of quest lines. Honestly guys, tell me that thinking 'i can do both quests by antagonistic npcs if i start this one, interrupt it, and start the other one' isn't fun. Or many other examples. It's not all about foreknowledge...
  10. SCO

Any good metroidvania recommendations?

Castlevania fansequel of a fansequel. Video has spoilers because fuck you
  11. SCO

People News ObsidiLeaks: The Chris Avellone May of Rage Archive

More like the common story of union busting, collusion and anti-union culture entrenchment for arrogant shits that think they can dictate terms (but are actually utterly replaceable 99% of the time).
  12. SCO

Games with good "Detective Mechanics"

Three 'classic' games are missing : Murders in Venice and Murders in Space. Murders in Venice is i believe kind of random with a interrogation and clue matching interface, plus a real time clock (that can be stopped fortunately). Murders in Space is not random, but it's still very hard and kind...
  13. SCO

Baldur's Gate Planescape: Torment — Original Incarnation. Also, MM, MoP and EED

I don't dislike that PS:T locked you out , because i'm both not a 'accessibility first' fanatic when it comes to content and because it left a lot to discover in replays. Almost exactly like Fallout 2 that, several things you 'could' do if you thought of them before resolving the connected...
  14. SCO

Unfortunately this patch doesn't fix all of the issues. Namely the remake cut down the available track markers in the code in half because the composer only did so many of the songs on the original, so the hack still isn't the same and has about half the songs missing (as well as some fadeout...
  15. SCO

All things considered, i believe the savestate strategy to be one of the best ways they could have found because it can lower a game native input latency. It's bad that it will only work for very simple cores (which likely already have minimal input latency in most games) and it requires a...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom