Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Seolas

1. Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

Starfield had the same effect most of these games do on me. I start it, am blown away by the scope and convince myself I'll love it, captivated by the vast expanses (planets)... then 10 hours pass and I realize half of the game is copy and paste, the NPCs are like robots, companions are boring...
  2. Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Yup, I got it on Steam. So far, so good. Turn-based was a shock to the system at first, but I'm now digging it. The mini-games are great in it. I am missing Kiryu somewhat (Ichiban is very likeable protagonist though) and the game sorta feels like Homeless Simulator at times early on, but I'm...
  3. Someone make a sequel for... type in yours

No One Lives Forever An ingenius duo of comedy spy shooters released in the very early 00s that are now almost impossible to find due to IP complications. These games deserve a sequel or at least a remaster. Sadly, the series seems almost forgotten about now due to it not being on sale anywhere.
  4. Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

I recently dived into this series with Yakuza 0 and thought it was great, even if the real estate thing was super grindy. The cabaret club mini-game was fun though. After 120 hours or so of 0, I couldn't bring myself to binge through the series chronologically, knowing about the engine...
  5. Decline RPGs that you regret finishing

Pillars of Eternity 1 NWN OC Dragon Age 2 Dragon Age 3 Mass Effect 3 (the ending fucked up the entire trilogy) Recently finished PoE2 and liked a lot about it, but the end made much of the game feel pointless to me. I feel that a lot of RPGs, even the great ones, often have unsatisfying endings.
  6. Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

If you buy the menagerie from a ship dealer (always placed next to captain's quarters in their inventory), all of the pets in your inventory appear on the lower deck of your ship. Other than that, there are way too many since only the Watcher has an unlocked pet spot unless you get Eder's blessing.
  7. So... How did you feel about Pillars of Eternity?

Day one backer who was very much on the hype train, but rarely have I been so bored by a storyline/writing. I was speeding through the last part. Years of voice acting and 'streamlining' haven't ruined my attention span for walls of text, it was just bloody boring. By the end, I was thinking...
  8. The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Finished this game last night. What a crock. It wasn't quite the monstrosity DA2 was but actually more boring because it was an offline MMO with maps full of nothing except shards, astronomy things, herbs and metals. And the main storyline was a bore. At least the first game offered some new...
  9. Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

DA2 was the worst AAA RPG I've played in my life. And I really liked DA:O. Not sure what to make of DA3 yet. They seem to have learned from some mistakes but after DA2 my trust levels aren't high. Still can't forget enemies falling from the sky, ffs.
  10. New Obsidian Kickstarter (Update: Not really, dammit Duraframe) (Banned Duraframe - DU)

There are enough fantasy games coming out for me, I like the idea of modern or futuristic/sci-fi. An espionage RPG in the Homeland style could be pretty good, using some ideas from Alpha Protocol. Sci-fi would be easier. A planet-hopping game with an upgradable spaceship and interesting...
  11. Game News Are you ready for a Mandate in space?

The idea is great but I just can't bring myself to pledge without some gameplay videos and more clarity. I've pledged to 22 Kickstarter projects over the last year and only 2 have been delivered so far. One was Shadowrun Returns, fine... the other was Legends of Dawn, an abomination of a game...
  12. Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

Withdrawing my pledge to fund Lord British's next penis hunting expedition to back this. Looks great.
  13. RPG Codex - Top 50 WORST RPGs YOU'VE PLAYED vote thread

Dragon Age II was horrendously bad, one of the worst games I've ever played. And I liked the first.
  14. The "last adventures I played" thread

The game was made by Centauri Production (Czech) so I'd guess they went low budget on the German voice translation too. It's not an awful game (sort of a **1/2 out of ***** type) but I'd only get it when it's on sale for a budget price on Steam or whereever. I got it on a Steam Daily Deal when...
  15. Deus Ex: Give me a better Liberty Island

Liberty Island is probably my favourite level in any game ever. It might have logical flaws (like the tiny distance between bots/military and the terrorists right at the start) but playing it at the time and seeing the sheer scope of the map awed me more than any game had before that. I must...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom