Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Shadowfang

1. Shadowfang

The Japs do everything better

I agree that a man with a wig isn't a woman. But many from the art world would disagree with you. Yes, i understand what you mean and mostly agree with you. I probably share the same opinion. I don't think thats the only way. If you hear professional musicians explaining why music A is so...
  2. Shadowfang

Why not? And what changes with that classification? Where does that leave me? Do i have to react to it on a different light with that knowledge? I am not saying that. What i am saying is that the distinction of what is art and what isn't, is not a useful distinction and people should not bother...
  3. Shadowfang

Because you can enjoy them individually? But, and if you mean that, isn't that valid for movies aswell, since you can enjoy the soundtrack alone? It won't be the same because a track can have more meaning if it is associated with a certain scene, but the same is true for a videogame.
  4. Shadowfang

The question if something is art or not is meaningless, because whatever the answer you get, will leave you in the exactly the same place. If a banana nailed to a wall, with a nine inch nail, is art or not is irrelevant. What it matters is what is it good for. Is it pleasing to look at? Does it...
  5. Shadowfang

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

This thread made me want to give DD1 another tey. I have 50h in it and dropped it because of boredom. One codexer sold it to me saying that everything is crap or mediocre but the fights against beasts. When you have a fight Cyclops, Griffin or a Dragon it really feels like you are fighting. It...
  6. Shadowfang

Let's learn about fighting games and get murdered together.

I miss the op of this thread.
  7. Shadowfang

A pity. Btw, do you have any problems with the humidity ruining your electronics components where you live? I ask this because i saw a lot of rusted motherboards and gpus at Madeira and you guys probably have to deal with it on some parts aswell.
  8. Shadowfang

If your PC isn't very far from your TV you can connect it with a long hdmi cable. I got one with something like 5 meters or so and it works like a charm for me.
  9. Shadowfang

Let's learn about fighting games and get murdered together.

I think this is the best looking Tekken, but i am not a fan of everyone being super huge on steroids. Specially characters like Law that would benefit of having a lean look like the real Bruce Lee who they are based on.
  10. Shadowfang

What was your first video game? (Or the first ones per major generation)

Prince of Persia. Played it on a pc from a friend of my father.
  11. Shadowfang

Tekken 8

I didn't play Tekken 5 nor 6, but i don't remember Tekken 3 and 4 having more than 32 characters to pick. There are many predatory dlc techniques that i hate, but i can't really fault Namco on this one. Besides, people say that without these dlcs they stop playing the games. I have seen people...
  12. Shadowfang

Tekken 8

It seems Armor King was a best seller in T7, so it was to be expected. Its such a fun and well made character that rewards knowing the fundamentals, and best of all, not at all OP.
  13. Shadowfang

Incline Arkane is working on an immersive sim

At best they will produce a pozzed, mediocre game.
  14. Shadowfang

Tekken 8

I think that comes with the territory. I doubt any fgc doesn't suffer from the same issues.
  15. Shadowfang

Tekken 8

I don't have enough knowledge in both games to answer adequately, but so far it feels a lot like T7 but more streamed line. I hear alot of good about the series. I tried playing some versions of it last year but they weren't working properly. The games look interesting but i have to say that i...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom