Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Sharpei_Diem

1. Role-Player's RPG Roundtable #3: Character Creation

The end effect I was reaching for in character creation is to make it as minimalist as possible: getting the player into the game as quickly as possible. I'd rather have a system where you start with an average joe of all 10's, and through travels and experiences raise those abilities in...
  2. Role-Player's RPG Roundtable #3: Character Creation

I think the opening sequence would be fine the first time you ran through it: if you had to do it multiple times(iron man, character rebuild, new game) I think it would get tiresome. I've always been fond of character creation processes, but one thing I've found with them is they lend...
  3. Company News Origin reportedly really dead for good this time

The first one I played was U3 and it blew me away....lol, i recall it actually counted the keystrokes you made as you played the game....I didnt get to 1,000,000, but definately got in the 000,000s and i can still summon the theme song in my head at any time....good memories. Where did i find...
  4. Game News Bloodlines in 2005

About HL, I loved the game (despite the weakness of the final few chapters). For me, it was one of the first games (and remarkably still one of the very few) to interject the person so well into the game. It played more like a movie than a game, and every element in the game worked well...
  5. GameSpot readers choose KOTOR

RPG combat should have something to do with reflexes? What kind of rpg's are you referring to? Diablo, Thief?!
  6. Game News Things that might have been

Yeah, they definately look pasted in. The other thing that doesn't fit is the angle on the foreground train looks wrong. Maybe it was put together by someone on the team, but it looks more like a placeholder kinda thing.... and to think all those years of pasting heads in photoshop...
  7. ph@t loot and epic levels

Good points. If the goal is to create a plausible alternate reality, there's a lot about magic that needs to be fleshed out too. Clerics: really should only do services for the faithful, or those that they know are sincere. Just because they're clerics doesn't mean they give away these...
  8. ph@t loot and epic levels

Sorry, my mistake on Faerun. For some reason i was thinking it was Oerth, or whatever it was Gygax called his... Voss: um, no. Suits of armor would be worth much more as suits of armor than melted down: same thing goes for weaponry. But there really wasn't that much of it around, sure the...
  9. ph@t loot and epic levels

Faerun and Forgotten realms, both. Though I think it's really dependent on the dm. From what i know of dragonlance, magic was pretty scarce...they also had a nifty switch with steel being the coin of choice...
  10. ph@t loot and epic levels

My thoughts: Personally, i think the problem is that magic becomes too prevalent. It starts out small, +1 items and such, but then the DM has to give more(or give the creatures more in order to stand a chance) and it has a kind of cascading effect. It eventually reaches absurd levels where...
  11. a nice game idea

That mightve been it....lotsa white walls, and a mazelike setting?
  12. a nice game idea

For some reason this whole conversation stirred up memories of playing that old game Asylum (I think that's what it's name was) - where the object was to break out. Weird game, never did beat it, though I'm horrid at adventures (Oh, i shouldve guessed that i had to give the egg the egg to the...
  13. New Themes Coming Right Up!

I like syndicate myself. Everything else seems to have this fucking incandescent orange that burns my retinas(1)...Aftermath is a second and might contend for first but for point (1) As for saint, kick his ass...(grin) now we speak of violence inherent in the system... that be...
  14. is this where i sign up?

wouldve been funnier if you said bitches...
  15. ToEE is the worst RPG ever made

I recall someone leaving my party, and subsequently getting into a fight with them, over some alignment problem in Bg1 or 2.... but i was purposely 'pushing their buttons' and seeing what the consequences were...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom