Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by sheek

1. Game News J.E. Sawyer: Obsidian's Five Hard Lessons Of RPG Design

Lesson #1: If you are Obsidian, stick to action games and don't even try to make an RPG
  2. Elemental: War of Magic

What is an RPG? :M A sub-set of the strategy game genre... (with units which are individual characters) Where?
  3. Elemental: War of Magic

http://www.elementalgame.com/ I've been out of the loop for a while and noticed this via the Civfanatics forum (creator of Fall From Heaven was coopted by Stardock for this project). Has this been covered by RPGCodex (search broken), and if not what do the esteemed readers of this prestigious...
  4. Development Info Eschalon: Book III Announced

Awesome. I am halfway through Book II and enjoying it. Any more news on what he'll do after the trilogy is completed? I read an interview which sounded quite promising, a new engine which would be made available to other developers though I don't think there was any setting in mind. I found...
  5. Game News EA bans player from playing Dragon Age II

It's not a first, other companies have done the same. I was essentially banned from playing Hearts of Iron III (should never have bought it - that's why I'm not getting DA2) because I questioned a moderator's decision on their forum. Since you need a patch for their shitty game to be...
  6. Editorial Choice and Combat in The Witcher II

Witcher 2 is shit but so is your "C&C" model.
  7. Development Info Knights of the Chalice 2 Development Update

Is it being upgraded to next-gen 24-bit color 640x480 resolution or is reserved that for #3?
  8. Game News Let's All Play Dragon Age 2

This is the worst RPG I've ever seen.
  9. Editorial Vogel on RPG Difficulty

I would prefer it the other way, the morons or lazy pay for the DLC which modifies the game to make it easier.
  10. Editorial Vogel on RPG Difficulty

Why? He wants to keep making money from his games (his main source of income) as he stresses, he's not a hobby developer (AoD-style) or even an RPG fan. It's not that simple.
  11. Gay romances: bash Bioware for the right reasons!

I don't think anyone has ever actually said that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom