Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Silva

1. Silva

Incline Dune, best boardgame ever, reprinted by GF9

:necro: Finally played this. We were 5 first timers and left the Spacing Guild out. Only I knew the rules. It was a blast, everybody was laughing histerically at the end when the Bene Gesserit player won by prediction on turn 5. In retrospect we probably got lucky in getting what seems the...
  2. Silva

Atlus Persona 3 Reload (ex portable thread)

Maxie , why advance S-links then? What benefit is there?
  3. Silva

What does broken social links mean? How it differs from unbroken ?
  4. Silva

It's the contrary no? They added theurgies and full party control meanwhile leaving the enemies the same, thus trivializing the challenge. Reminds me of Elden Ring where they kept the enemies more or less the same but gave players a bazillion KAMEHAMEHA op powers.
  5. Silva

Anime STALKER trilogy on consoles - it's real

So there is some mod support then?
  6. Silva

Anime STALKER trilogy on consoles - it's real

Agree CoP with Anomaly (or your prefered mod) is unmatched but the original SoC (also with mods, like Autumn Aurora) is nice. That said yeah, vanilla versions are ugly, shitty bug fests and I don't see the point in releasing them without mod support.
  7. Silva

Are you Escapist or Explorer?

Ultima series >>>>>>>> your gay Warhammer shit.
  8. Silva

I smell old grognards afraid to agree with me and being labeled woke fags around here. Don't be afraid, bros. I'm not taking sides here, only questioning the overall value of humanity exploration in games, and if you personally apreciate that or not in your leisure time.
  9. Silva

Agree SOMA is great at this. One of the best, really. I posit SMAC ideological factions and their conflicts are a nice vehicle for such exploration, as is PST existential dilemmas and Pathologic moral ones.
  10. Silva

Do you see value in PST or Pathologic or SMAC existental and moral dilammas? Do you think those elements enhance their role as art? If so, I would say you're at least midway in the spectrum, and could even be an "explorer".
  11. Silva

Sure Warhammer is cool af but c'mon, if you don't apreciate SMAC ideological conflicts or Pathologic misery tourism you're no true Codexer.
  12. Silva

Woah hold your horses there. I didn't mean just MODERN day issues, but human issues as a whole. Planescape Torment would be a good example as it deals with a lot of moral and existential dilemmas, but even Dark Souls has some of that in it's conflict between humanity x royalty. Contrast that...
  13. Silva

(I thought about this originally for tabletop RPGs but I guess it fits videogames too so here we go) Escapist = gaming to distance from reality issues. x Explorer = gaming to explore those reality issues. It's fair to say everybody is driven by, and touches on, both elements while playing...
  14. Silva

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Yep, the environmental storytelling,. Well remembered. Miyazaki had some balls to refuse spoon-feeding the story to the player in the era of cutscenes where DeS/DS1 came out. I can see the president saying "No cutscenes?? How will the player understand the story?" "Fuck the player"...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom