Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Sisay

1. Review Jeff Vogel Reviews Dragon Age II

Just wait until you play Avadon. I've only really played Nethergate and the Geneforge series, but out of those Avadon is the closest to Geneforge 3. Very linear, very few choices. I replayed G5 after completing Avadon and I have to say it made Avadon look pretty bad. Some of the combat...
  2. Avadon out (on Mac)

Having played some more, the one thing that actually does annoy me a fair bit is the linearity. The story is very linear and you can't find new areas on your own before the story progresses. The areas themselves are larger than before but there are fewer optional ones. This takes away from the...
  3. Avadon out (on Mac)

Having actually played (and bought) the game, here are some comments: There is no quest compass after the very beginning of the game. There are achievements. They show up in a silly way when you get them. Like the later Geneforge and Avernum games, Avadon is quite linear. The game is not...
  4. Game News Dragon Age II Shorter And More Cinematic

The "longer game is better" and "100 hours of gameplay" style of thinking got us deep roads, the fade and throwaway sidequests.
  5. Game News Demon War expansion for Dins Curse now available

I really don't understand why it isn't. Depths of Peril is on Steam (and at a -50% sale).
  6. Game News Deus Ex: Human Revolution Delayed

I wonder if they're just doing this for accounting reasons or if they are actually working on the game during this delay. Clearly this year's numbers were going to be shit no matter what.
  7. Game News Mass Effect 3 - Shepard is Our Only Hope

Clearly they should have made an RPG based on Solyaris instead.
  8. Can't run VTMB... gutted.

This crash is fixed by the unofficial patches.
  9. VD's New Vegas review is up at NMA

Geneforge.
  10. Wow, the gaming media really ignores the little guy...

The leveling system is designed like a single player MMO. Just doesn't work for this type of game, they should've copied Gothic in this aspect as well. Overall it's not a really bad game but not particularly great either. I enjoyed the original game more, to be honest, even with the silly title...
  11. Why modern gaming sucks (according to the Escapist)

Exactly. This article seems like a poor rewrite of an article Greg Costikyan wrote five years ago. Back when (for a relatively short time) the Escapist was something you would read instead of a funny videos site. Death to the Games Industry, Part I Death to the Games Industry, Part II
  12. Way of the Samurai 3

This was my second favorite console game of last year after Demon's Souls. There are 22 possible endings, though some differ very little from each other. You advance the story by witnessing events some of which you can alter to a degree. After a certain number of events the game puts you on a...
  13. Game News Eschalon Book II Released for Windows

Played fairly far into the Dwarven area. It's still all about combat and exploration. Melee options are quite limited, though now you get one usable ability (e.g. cleave) on a timer. It's just really not enough to make melee interesting. I find the magic system fairly nice with non-combat...
  14. Game News Eschalon Book II Release Date Announced

I didn't mind the walk speed or the combat but I really hope they've worked a bit on the writing and quest design.
  15. Game News Mount & Blade: Warband ready for Mounting

There's also a new faction but I think that's about it if you're not into multiplayer. Haven't seen anything groundbreaking so far in the single player beta available on Steam.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom