Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Skall

1. Skall

Game News Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 in development at The Chinese Room, coming Fall 2024

Looks like Roguey's prediction about the Chinese Room taking over from way back when came true. Not sure if it was made official earlier, but this is the first time I'm seeing it.
  2. Skall

Incline Official unofficial RPGCODEX 2021 GOTY thread. PARTICIPATE NOW! HOOKERS! BLACKJACK! VOTING!

Archolos, with KotC2 waiting in my backlog. Nothing else really grabbed me.
  3. Skall

Ed123's Retro Reviews

Never even heard about this "spiritual" follow up to Alone in the Dark 3; good stuff!
  4. Skall

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

I got this bug as well, and it seems to be present in my non-quicksave saves. Quest-progression NPCs are missing now and don't trigger, and there's no "insert sh" in the mod. Restart?
  5. Skall

Indie Call of Saregnar - a Betrayal at Krondor-inspired RPG

I thought the demo captured the feel of BaK in a more modern implementation, so most of these are polish notes: Like the low-poly vibe, but I expect a not-insignificant number of players will complain about the lack of jump/flight like in Might & Magic. I'm assuming you're going for the...
  6. Skall

The Codex’s Best Computer RPGs (pre-Diablo)

I personally included Ultima VII: The Black Gate, Shattered Lands, and Ultima Underworld over their sequels simply because they were the first to use their respective engines and, at the time, made a bigger impact on me. It's not a denunciation of the quality of the subsequent titles. (Although...
  7. Skall

Considering the uproar over some entries -- QfG, BaK -- I'd also like to see a poll for underrated if not classic entries. "Ultima VIII: Pagan was the pinnacle of diegetic magic systems that has yet to be matched by..."
  8. Skall

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

To be fair, I like Tweed's videos as well for the somewhat unusual coverage-spread. They're not overly long, though, so they don't fill that second-screen use case when I'm doing something relatively mindless on the main one.
  9. Skall

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Hey, I like Ed123's videos. I was particularly interested in Deathtrap Dungeon since I could only suffer through the first few levels of its instant-death traps and wonky controls, but the levels themselves had some unique designs and varied themes.
  10. Skall

5-title max means some of the underdogs won't get mentioned as there are enough classics to fill the minimum: 3 - Ultima 7: The Black Gate 3 - Betrayal at Krondor 2 - Ultima Underworld 1 - Dark Sun: Shattered Lands 1 - Dungeon Master
  11. Skall

Dark Sun: Shattered Lands is fucking great

I'm glad he finally got to it. I definitely found it a hidden gem, and the game's packed with plenty of notable firsts/evolutions to chronicle.
  12. Skall

I want to try Tamriel Rebuilt

I recently followed an installation guide for a Vanilla+ installation with Tamriel Rebuilt, and boy, it is a mess. Practically every other mod required some sort of custom installation process even while using a mod manager, but at least I was assured the load order would be correct. Seems to...
  13. Skall

Translations of wapanese games

It's been a nice surprise so far. Aside from some anime portraits, it feels more like a Western, P&P-styled game than a hobbyist JRPG. About to pick my first class, but if it holds up, it might deserve its own thread on the main forum.
  14. Skall

Dark Sun : Wake of the Ravager is underrated.

I really enjoyed Shattered Lands (https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/dark-sun-shattered-lands-is-fucking-great.120635/page-3#post-5513274), and this has been on my backlog for a while. Glad to hear that despite some changes that fans of the original didn't like, it's not all downhill. Besides...
  15. Skall

Moonspeak Random Non-Japanese Asian RPG News Thread

These both look interesting, maybe they'll get an English patch like some of the other Sword & Fairy/Chinese Paladin games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom