Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by soulburner

1. soulburner

Gothic Gothic remake from THQ Nordic

Where has the color gone? I get it, it's supposed to be bleak and all but at least let the grass be green.
  2. soulburner

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

So... is the version from torrents any good? Last time I checked someone wrote the cracker added some of her own graphical tweaks...
  3. soulburner

Rumor: ELEX 3 cancelled, Piranha Bytes to be shut down by THQ Nordic

It will be pretty sad if PB ceases to exist. While Elex 2 was a big disappointment (mostly on the technical side, the gameplay, writing and a few other things were often on the verge of actual fun) I had some hopes for an Elex 3 or whatever their next game might be or might have been. There is...
  4. soulburner

Rumor: ELEX 3 cancelled, Piranha Bytes to be shut down by THQ Nordic

As found on reddit, the weekly videos on PBs youtube channel are no longer published and their website shows only their logo. Should we be concerned?
  5. soulburner

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Risen 2 is actually a good game. It may be considered a bad sequel, but is generally very fun. Elex 2 is not fun and it's a technical mess, abandoned and never to be fixed. It has its moments when you might feel it's good (and indeed there are good things to be said about it, which will cloud...
  6. soulburner

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

Aside from evil spirits one more thing you could do is... reassemble the system. Reset the BIOS settings to defaults and then disconnect everything: all disks, cables, add-on cards, everything. Reconnect with extra care to make sure everything sits deep and nice. If you're using a vertical GPU...
  7. soulburner

If you have all the power limits removed - and some motherboards do it by default - reaching and exceeding 90*C on an xx700K class of Intel Core is pretty much normal and expected. There are a few solutions out there and the most accessible one is undervolting (it's pretty easy once you find a...
  8. soulburner

Finding the cause of crashes is no easy task, especially because a faulty or misconfigured hardware can cause freezes or crashes in a specific application or game - not necessarily the whole system. - check if you've got any kind of MSI Afterburner type of software running in the background...
  9. soulburner

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

This being a flagship game for Microsoft's Xbox you could think they'd use all the new bells and whistles they developed like Direct Storage. I wouldn't mind the loading screens if they were a fast screen fade out and fade in. While they're not exactly long they take just about a fraction of a...
  10. soulburner

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Imagine Fallout 4 with better writing, better gunplay, a very good looking map (Appalachia feels like a real life location and not a game location) with lots of exploration and loot to be found. Weapons are cool, upgrading them really feels like upgrading, even some crafting and settlement...
  11. soulburner

Core Decay - an old-school atmospheric immersive sim inspired by Deus Ex

Looks very promising, but... Give me the option to enable filtered textures. I remember buying my first 3D accelerator card because aside from a performance increase I wanted to get rid of the pixelated mess in 3D games. Pixels are ugly. Pixels are not retro.
  12. soulburner

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

I remember vividly how changing my slightly overclocked i5-2500K to a brand new at the time Ryzen 3600 made most tasks, including games, so fast it was almost hard to believe - and I kept the same GPU, R9 290. Some games, to this day, are CPU intensive, there's nothing you can do about it but...
  13. soulburner

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

I'm afraid I agree. If it had a different name, even the Codex would praise it.
  14. soulburner

What Makes You Give Up On Great Games?

- no way to increase FOV in a first/third person game; - ugly or hard to read fonts; - long loading times.
  15. soulburner

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

So I've been looking at the changelog and noticed this: Is this for real?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom