Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by SpFiota

1. Game News Jeff Vogel Responding To Critics

I've been arguing with Jeff about Avadon on his blog and he asked me to post the following here on the Codex for your enjoyment. It's his position that we're drawing conclusions without seeing more of the game. In my opinion a game, like a book, should be enthralling from the start. I...
  2. Game News Space Siege demo is out and it's awful

The demo is poor. It fails to show the more interesting aspects of the game, for example the robot companion, nor does it explain the significance of "humanity" and cybernetics. That said, the game itself, from the small taste the demo did provide, wasn't really all that bad. I'm not sure...
  3. Game News Updated demo of Eschalon: Book 1

So has anyone played through the additional maps? I'm wondering if things really do pick up. I want to like this game so bad, but to be honest I feel like I'm playing a really slow version of Diablo.
  4. Eschalon: Book 1 demo available for download

I have to echo AnalogKid. This game gets a resounding meh from me. I feel like I'm playing a slooooow Diablo clone. It's a shame. I wanted to like this so much. I'm hoping the creator makes a bundle on it, though. And I'm hoping he uses that money to improve the sequel. Perhaps if he...
  5. Game News NWN2 gets kicked by SciFi.com

That's what I need, a bunch of closet-D&Ders for discreet fun. The flamboyant ones turn me off.
  6. Review 1UP insists that NWN2 is crap

I don't think hardcore mode is hard, just annoying. You have to set all your guys to puppet mode, otherwise they'll charge into your fireballs like the brainless ass spelunkers they are. Puppet mode would be fine, except those morons at Obsidian crafted a horrible UI that is incredibly...
  7. Game News Gothic 3 demo is coming on Nov 10

I hope they patch the game, because I think this is an easy fix. Enemies just need some way to break repeated swings. If they could do that, or if those wimpy swings did very little damage, it would force me to actually use my skills and abilities to win a battle. As is a level one character...
  8. Review NWN 2 review extravaganza

What do you mean by set-piecey, Zomg? I don't suppose you could describe the encounter somewhat, could you? Perhaps I gave up on this game too soon. I could forgive its short comings if combat was challenging and there was more to it other than spam fireball while the AI runs around stupidly.
  9. Game News Gothic 3 demo is coming on Nov 10

Reviewers griped that this game was too HARD!? What the hell, did they play it for five minutes? I load it up last night, take out the orcs, then I head over to the Rebel Base by myself. Gorn and the rest sort of just poofed at random. Anyway, I got bored, so I decided to attack the base and...
  10. Review NWN 2 review extravaganza

I have to wonder why games are made like this. I mean, you could literrally replace the dialogue trees with smiley faces: :D , :? , :evil: and nothing would change. Do the developers think their customers are too stupid to comprehend subtle dialogue or appreciate interesting storylines...
  11. Review NWN2 first impressions at IGN

You forgot the third path: neutral! This game is gonna be teh awesomez!!11
  12. Kult 2 designer diary at RPG Watch

Bleh. I can't stomach action RPGs. Even Icewind Dale was too much for me, although I've since relaxed my stance and ordered the entire series. Not that I have much choice, what with the drought of good games recently.
  13. Review Oblivion lubbed by GamesFirst

He makes it sound as if creatures scale to your level. Hence a rat is just as challenging to kill at level 1 as it is at level 30. That isn't the case at all. The types of creatures you encounter scale to your level. So yeah, when you close your first oblivion gate you may run into a couple...
  14. Review Oblivion scores 10/10 at Boomtown

At this point I'd rather see a string of Oblivion clones over more shitty MMORPGs. I pray this game sells through the roof.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom