Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Sprout

1. Sprout

Interview Interview with Baldur's Gate 3 lead systems designer Nick Pechenin at Rock Paper Shotgun

I think I spotted DOS2 on the steam top seller list again recently. Three years after its release and it's still selling. Why is this such a mystery? WotC obviously wants a bite out of that pie.
  2. Sprout

Review The Outer Worlds Launch Trailer and Reviews

It's hub based in the style of Kotor.
  3. Sprout

Preview The Outer Worlds Gameplay Footage, Previews and Interviews

The publisher is Take Two's private division (their new indie arm), no microsoft money involved. In fact it seems the game has mid-tier budget of old; more than indie but less than modern AAA. As for me, the only aspects I care about are the writing and skills/stats and maybe exploration. To me...
  4. Sprout

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Meh. The only thing NWN was good for (for me) were the player created modules and this will probably mess that up. Never did touch the official stuff and have no desire to do so now.
  5. Sprout

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

I wonder if they're going to add different idles and some animation to the dialogues, looks kind of silly and awkward. Which is curious, as this hasn't previously been a problem for me in other games. Might be the result of the photorealistic artstyle. The game is still luckily ways off, but I'd...
  6. Sprout

Game News Kingdom Come: Deliverance to be delivered on February 13th, 2018

Sadly, for it to do well would actually require some decent marketing and a budget twice that of the game. There have been times when review scores, luck and word of mouth have managed to do the deed, but on shouldn't fool oneself to think that this is a regular occurrence. And yes indeed...
  7. Sprout

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

Halve that and you have the budget I'd guess (considering ME3 $40mil), otherwise don't disagree. I'm ready to give credence to the rumors that this was dumped on the new guys while the previous devs went to do something else. Would explain the mess. I'd forgive all the sins of the game for some...
  8. Sprout

Interview Torment: Tides of Numenera Postmortem Interview with Colin McComb and Adam Heine at Eurogamer

People fuck shit up all the time. The problem with what you just wrote is that you go searching for nefarious reasons for it when it's merely commonplace mediocrity.
  9. Sprout

Interview Torment: Tides of Numenera Postmortem Interview with Colin McComb and Adam Heine at Eurogamer

Torment is one of the greats and what makes it so is the writing, which pretty much carries the whole game. You people babble on about management and shit while imo ignoring the fact that the quest to replicate PST was flawed to begin with. Both games are carried by their writing as that's the...
  10. Sprout

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

None of them, it's video game writing buddy, so I make allowances for that. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy them, writing and all. Well, maybe not DAII and inquisition, but that had to do with more than the writing. And you'll get to enjoy this until enough people actually figure out how game...
  11. Sprout

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

David Gaider will be the new lead writer, so take that as you will. He worked on BG2, ToB, Kotor, DAO ,DAII, Inquisition, so I personally wouldn't consider him a bad writer per se, he wrote quite a lot of stuff I liked. But he has acquired a bad rep recently, mostly to do with silly romances and...
  12. Sprout

Game News Torment: Tides of Numenera Released

Considering that's supposed to be a pretty big part of the game I certainly hope so. I don't think there's any real mystery here. I got bored my first time too and wandered off, just didn't have the drive at the time and returned later when I did. The fact that he was arsed to finish TON first...
  13. Sprout

Horizon Zero Dawn - open world action-RPG from Guerilla Games - now on PC

PS4 exclusive from guerrilla games (killzone devs) and funded by sony. Yeah, not happening.
  14. Sprout

Game News Torment: Tides of Numenera Released

Turns out that game development is actually really fricking expensive. No really, we're not talking about a small team of indies living on noodles, but a black hole sucking in money instead of space. You think the kickstarter funds are the actual real budget for these games? It's that + then...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom