Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Stinger

1. Stinger

KickStarter System Shock 1 Remake by Nightdive Studios

If nothing else a better ending cutscene that isn't a schlocky joke that is completely at odds with the rest of the game would be nice.
  2. Stinger

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

TBH I don't know much as I only played Pillars 2 very recently after 5.0 came out and never played the RTWP version. The main thing I'm aware of is that Attributes have a different role between turn based and RTWP such that a build with attributes that are good for RTWP may not be as effective...
  3. Stinger

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

I'd say yes. You can't switch on the fly like Arcanum as stats have different functions between TB and RTWP. But having finished the game and the dlcs I'd say TB is definitely worth it. I was weary of the game feeling slow but after ramping up the game speed to fast the turns happen pretty...
  4. Stinger

Game News Larian is making Baldur's Gate 3

If all they're going to make is a D&D game in Forgotten Realms surely Neverwinter Nights 3 would be the better title. Baldur's Gate was about the Bhaalspawn, who's got a fairly definitive ending...seems a bit pointless to make a BG3 that isn't a continuation of that story.
  5. Stinger

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Giving FNV a bethesderp style nonreactive playable epilogue would've completely shit over the sense of real change and accomplishment you get during the epilogues. Of course casuals would've loved it but the game is better for it ending the way it does.
  6. Stinger

I started playing this two days ago after avoiding it for a year and waiting for dlcs and patches to come out. Honestly one of the best choices I made. I love turn based mode and so far the game has been extremely entertaining. I like the factions and the tropical colonial theme a lot more than...
  7. Stinger

SoZ was SoZZy! r00fles!
  8. Stinger

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Seems to me that she based part of the character on Audrey (bottom right) who's a kind of spunky mechanic from memory. This character in outer worlds looks like she's dressed for that sort of role.
  9. Stinger

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Can I ask how much of a role MCA has in the writing for Kingmaker? My work of late prevents me from having any real time to play RPGs anymore but that should change soon and it sounds like Kingmaker is the RPG I've been waiting for since the whole Kickstarter fever began. I'm more curious...
  10. Stinger

Looking back, Obsidian was pretty much a subpar company

HEY! I LIKE ALPHA PROTOCOL THIS MUCH!
  11. Stinger

Codex Interview RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone at Digital Dragons 2016

So the problem is clearly with trash mobs and trash encounter design. Just cause it goes by faster in RTWP doesn't mean it's suddenly ok to do it.
  12. Stinger

Review RPG Codex Review: Undertale

Does it engage your emotions? Sounds like an RPG to me.
  13. Stinger

Fallout New Vegas should be remade on the FOnline engine or just generally as a turn based isometric game that has nothing to do with Gamebryo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom