Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Strange Fellow

1. Strange Fellow

In Progress Let's Play: Fallen Gods

If our journey so far has taught us anything, it's that the only way to be a good and merciful god is to immediately kill everything and everyone we encounter. Let the blasphemer taste steel.
  2. Strange Fellow

Format is good. Game also looks good. Thanks for the betatesting. :smug: these unpatriotic heathens are no match for MURICA
  3. Strange Fellow

Planting a paid shill in the playground section of the Codex has to be the worst marketing strategy ever. I vote A1.
  4. Strange Fellow

Jagged Alliance 3 from Haemimont Games

If the game is too easy, push further inland and try to complete the main objective. You don't need this, and thinking you do is a symptom of completionism brain. If you or a loved one is suffering from completionism brain, please seek help immediately.
  5. Strange Fellow

What drove BG3's success, game mechanics or emotional engagement?

That's why I bought it. It's also why my friend with whom I co-oped the D:OS games bought it, and why that friend convinced a third friend to buy it so he could play co-op with us. Other people I know bought it because it's a DnD product, and DnD is massive these days. If Larian has cultivated a...
  6. Strange Fellow

Incline MENACE - sci-fi turn-based tactical RPG from Battle Brothers devs

I meant UFO: Enemy Unknown/X-COM: UFO Defense (1994).
  7. Strange Fellow

Games you've changed your mind about

This is pobably going to be a common answer: Dark Souls 2. I was absolutely mesmerised by the first game, and getting over the whiplash from the changes in tone and mechanics took a while. I never loved it during my first playthrough, but subsequent ones have steadily raised my opinion of it and...
  8. Strange Fellow

Screenshot thread

Always nice to be on the right side of history.
  9. Strange Fellow

I don't think anyone beats Blood for individual machete-rape performance, but the likes of Dr. Q and Igor are also very strong in different ways. The truth is that any merc with exceptional physical stats can be built to be a ridiculous killing machine with all the AP-, MP- and Grit-recuperating...
  10. Strange Fellow

I thought you were of the opinion that every game should get a free pass. Or do you make exceptions when there's a GOTY award on the line?
  11. Strange Fellow

The Thaumaturge - supernatural RPG set in early 20th century Warsaw from Seven: The Days Long Gone devs

Seven is a cool game if you're at all into semi-popamole stealth/action games (by which I mean every stealth game ever made apart from Thief). It has a neat setting and a great open world that's really fun to explore. If you already own it you should give it a try.
  12. Strange Fellow

Game News The Thaumaturge Released

What's the problem with that line? It's not anachronistic and is otherwise completely unremarkable.
  13. Strange Fellow

The Thaumaturge - supernatural RPG set in early 20th century Warsaw from Seven: The Days Long Gone devs

Yeah, I quite like these things. "Please be advised that we can say whatever the hell we want and you can't get mad."
  14. Strange Fellow

Game comes out, mainstream reviewers give it 8/10. They should set atomic clocks to it, it's so predictable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom