Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Surf Solar

1. Surf Solar

Anime STALKER trilogy on consoles - it's real

Yup, that's why I love it! I just don't remember having any problems when I played on PC lol.
  2. Surf Solar

Anime STALKER trilogy on consoles - it's real

I am playing the console version of SoC too atm (yeah yeah I know) and damn this shit is hard. I don't remember ever having any problem whatsoever on PC when I played it. I basically had an hour long shootout in the Dead Valleys Bandit hideout (that fuckhueg building), had to scrounge for ammo...
  3. Surf Solar

The Japs do everything better

Awor Szurkrarz
  4. Surf Solar

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

The dialogues about the lore, lost civilisations, the lost technology and such was interesting, as well as some of the more outlandish npcs or creatures. But yeah, the more common npcs are pretty boring sadly.
  5. Surf Solar

Thanks, I never had that guy in my party because I thought his portrait looks stupid, lol. Will give it another try. And yes I remember screwing that little girls quest line up somehow, permanently losing access to her. Gonna start a new playthrough, atleast I can look forward to beautiful...
  6. Surf Solar

I've played through the game when it came out and don't remember much aside some key scenes. I know that they patched in a new companion (that blob like thing) - is it a relatively fleshed out one or just a gimmick? Of the other companions I only remember the redhead lady. Any tips for...
  7. Surf Solar

Quarterstaff - Tyranny-looking "turn-based action strategy" game from Obsidian's Matt MacLean currently in Early Access

It's a good middleground, but fuck it. Nothing beats the beauty and detail of prerendered maps.
  8. Surf Solar

Quarterstaff - Tyranny-looking "turn-based action strategy" game from Obsidian's Matt MacLean currently in Early Access

Because many retards keep screaming for rotatable cameras in isometric games, which makes implementing prerendered maps quite a hassle.
  9. Surf Solar

Fallout Visual Design Thread

I don't have concrete proof for the item sprites, but I do know for sure that the playermodel renders for the character and npcs were rushed. I don't have access to the .gif database right now, but the difference in quality can be seen even in stills imo. FO1: Shit I can't find any gifs for...
  10. Surf Solar

Fallout Visual Design Thread

They are all 3d renders, touched in the 90ies equivalent of photoshop thereafter. Fallout 2s renders just look different because of different team, art direction and less time for details.
  11. Surf Solar

Game News ATOM Team's next game is Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy, a fantasy RPG inspired by Baldur's Gate 1

No prerendered backgrounds, most likely rotateable camera? :/
  12. Surf Solar

Damn, dare I ask what happened?

Damn, dare I ask what happened?
  13. Surf Solar

Decline Grand Theft Auto VI - PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S (2025)

I can watch this thing explode in my normie gamer friend circle and all I am left is with a sentiment to just kill myself already
  14. Surf Solar

Woe to those who rise early in the morning, That they may follow intoxicating drink; Who...

Woe to those who rise early in the morning, That they may follow intoxicating drink; Who continue until night, till wine inflames them!
  15. Surf Solar

Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate II Mod Thread

I really wanna know how the new spells play, nice!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom