Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Tancred

1. Tancred

Amnesia: Rebirth - sequel to Amnesia: The Dark Descent set in the desert of Algeria

lol that Talespinner studio roxor linked to, whose director was the story lead for Rebirth: That's just the most lol-worthy bio. Rest of the place is male allies and a disco writer from britbong and trudeau-stan. Go look at their twitters if you want, it's full of the usual SJW screeching...
  2. Tancred

What game are you wasting time on?

HansDampf it threw me for a loop way back then. When I replayed it, I realised the game puts a lot of subtle hints in the dialogue about that and a few other things like: Motoi Sakuraba did the OST, it's awesome, even if I heard True Mirror so much that it started getting annoying. It's nice...
  3. Tancred

Nostalgic blast from the past - replayed Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings & the Lost Ocean on my old Gamecube. I remember it took me 1.5 years or so to complete this back in the day, only took about 4 weeks this time. An interesting card-based battle system and a long-ass story with more than a few...
  4. Tancred

Your most anticipated RPG sequel?

Of the options on the list, it's a toss up between KCD 2 and ATOM 2 for me. I'll probably check out Colony Ship, and I'd still be interested in another Deus Ex game to finish where Mankind Divided left off. Also, Jade Empire 2 or KOTOR 3/SW1313 would be nice, but they would be done by a...
  5. Tancred

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming September 5th

For some reason, it reminds me of an action soundtrack from one of the Metroid Prime games. Uh, I gotta say it's certainly not anywhere near close to the iconic tracks dripping with mood and ambience that I associate with STALKER though. :/
  6. Tancred

I've finally finished Deus Ex after getting to Hong Kong about five years ago and flaking out. Re-installed with GMDX and started again, in the end I chose Tracer Tong's new dark age ending. Feels like an oddly prescient game considering current events. Right now I'm in the middle of Kingdom...
  7. Tancred

Trigger the codex with a statement.

DXHR is a better game than Alpha Protocol in every single way.
  8. Tancred

SOMA (Frictional Games)

SOMA was IMO unbelievably good in how it made you think about the themes and implications involved...even if Simon was a bit of a slow-on-the-uptake dumbass. It's the only game that has ever made me genuinely struggle with a moral choice when deciding if I should
  9. Tancred

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

DoH and Sword Saint Isshin are down :salute: DoH was a little difficult mainly due to 3 life bars. I also didn't use the malcontent trick I read about, went for a no deflect approach and kept running around behind him. His charge was still dangerous so I had to be careful and watch out for it...
  10. Tancred

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

After two hours of pain, I have just now finally managed to defeat Owl (Father) for the first time. I ended up being confident against everything he threw at me except that one goddamn move where he throws out the firecrackers and instantly follows up with the sword. I couldn't reliably dodge...
  11. Tancred

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

I thought Ciri wasn't a proper witcher due to not going through Trial of the Grasses? That means no enhanced reflexes, can't consume potions or see in the dark etc. She'd be a pretty gimped witcher even with her bullshit powers that W3 gave her. Also it's supposed to be a recurring theme that...
  12. Tancred

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

Did people actually like Ciri as a character or do they just want more material for their technically-its-not-incest stepdaughter fantasies? Pipedream: I would rather see a prequel with an interesting structure, say Geralt, Eskel, Lambert and Vesemir sitting round a fire one winter in Kaer...
  13. Tancred

Alan Wake

It's been so long since I played it. I know it did look, sound and feel very atmospheric but it didn't really play that way IMO. I remember excessively long forest levels and endless shadow enemies that weren't really challenging since they all took the same tactics to beat. At any rate, once I...
  14. Tancred

Beautiful shit

Was still in school so that all kinda flew over my head. Being serious tho, Witcher 3, Metro Exodus and the two reboot Hitmans were the most demanding new games I've played from recent years. I've heard RE2 remake and KCD are potential graphicswhore games as well.
  15. Tancred

Beautiful shit

Crysis :shittydog:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom