Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Taskityo

1. MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries by Piranha Games - now on Steam and GOG

I'm curious if this turns out to be a train wreck or at least an 'okay' game.
  2. Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

The train wreck of Mass Effect an-Dramada was way more entertaining. F5-76 reminds me of that but 10-fold.
  3. Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Hopefully guns have different ammo types - load some HV in my Mac10's
  4. Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Okay - regardless of hoops or disdain for the idea, is it rare or not for a human to be completely unaltered in Cyberpunk? Just curious.
  5. Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

I mean I wouldn't mind if Ciri was included as an Easter Egg, but I imagine she would have been observing the Alt. Universe Cyberpunk Earth she ended up on in secret. I'm not up to speed with every bit of Cyberpunk Lore, but are the vast majority of people in the setting cyber enhanced in some...
  6. Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

With how far they went in localizing The Witcher games in other countries, this actually seems like a step back for Projekt. The NoClip mini-doc on that is pretty good. That author seems to be talking about Hollywood-ish tropes, and frankly Hollywood produces enough film 'decline' that I'd...
  7. Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

If you watched her entire video on her initial reaction to FP (the breakdown), she stated some games do not affect her. She stated she completed Prey no problem, but games like Doom 4 (2016) she had trouble with. For people with this issue, I think a lot of it depends on the FOV, motion...
  8. Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Wouldn't it be better as its own space? Like jacking into a digital chat room like Ghost in The Shell. GiTS: SAC Virtual Chat Room from Episode 9 (I think?)
  9. Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Deus Ex 1 is listed in the top 15 RPG's on this site so it surprises me there is backlash on this site in particular when Cyberpunk is Deus Ex-like as far as RPG-FPS goes.
  10. Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

It already contracted terminal cancer with Fallout 3. Its soul has gone to the Afterlife.
  11. KickStarter BATTLETECH - turn-based mech combat from Harebrained Schemes

Ok? Doesn't change that that picture (from that e-book) is definitely a Quad, not a Tripod. And regardless, all of BattleTech, and yes the Jihad and Dark Age are "canon" and happened, while also introducing more people to BT at that time. Everything is currently moving past 3145 in the time...
  12. Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Thronebreaker is based on the events in the books where Geralt meets Meve, a Queen of Lyria and Rivia. So no, CDPR is just doing what they do, being huge fans of the Witcher novels. It is probably one of the more significant parts where Geralt is officially knighted by Meve. Russian...
  13. KickStarter BATTLETECH - turn-based mech combat from Harebrained Schemes

That's a Quad if you look closely. Although, Tripodal were canonized. Looks sort of like its a K-3N-KR4 Kiso IndustrialMech.
  14. Incline Mechwarrior Living Legends

I finally installed the new version. I forgot how fun MW:LL can be. "I'll just play for a half hour" turned into more like 2 and a half.
  15. MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries by Piranha Games - now on Steam and GOG

After watching the gameplay videos above it seems like the gameplay design itself is far too like MWO. Unless they simply haven't developed far into the game design, it looks like they kept the simpler, arcadish features, rather than implementing the pseudo-simulation aspects from the previous...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom