Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Taurist

1. Taurist

Game News Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord remake now available on Early Access

Looks to be aa console ui. Is the mac version still the only classic wiz game to make use of a fucking mouse?
  2. Taurist

Modern Gaming.

Modern gaming is pretty bad, but I kind of think its a bit better (for my tastes at least) than it was in the late 7th gen. Or maybe my expectations have been lowered.
  3. Taurist

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Why are they even bothering? More money in the money pit. VTMB was a minor cult classic. With some of the original designers on boad it had some meaning. I cant imagine this even matching something like Outher Worlds in sales or quality.
  4. Taurist

Commandos-Like Mimimi Games shutting down

With hindsight maybe they should have tried another genre for their last game. I loved tacctics and Desperados, but I didnt buy this one because that itch had essentially been scratched for the time being. AA development is a hard space, games can bomb for no reason, or reasons outwith your...
  5. Taurist

Incline The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U and Switch

I was gripped for the first ten hours. Absolutely gripped. But im really struggling to play any more. The main quest is so shit and boring. I honestly think BotW main quest was better. So much of this game is great, but its really unforgivable.
  6. Taurist

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Looks terrible. Seems to be the exact same gunplay from Fallout 3 the best part of 20 years ago.. Like, why is that? Why havent they changed that? Does Todd not want to sack someone? Even pay them off? They wasted a decade.
  7. Taurist

Game News Gothic Remake Welcome To The Old Camp Showcase Trailer

as opposed the the original en dub which had three actors? Gothic, for me, is so bound up in the archaic control scheem that even a "good" remake would fail. Zero chance this will be good.
  8. Taurist

Final Fantasy XVI

Weird call with the RPG mechanics. Character action games are actually less popular than RPG-lite games like Twitcher or whatever.
  9. Taurist

Final Fantasy XVI

most ff villians were implied gay
  10. Taurist

Final Fantasy XVI

Yeah, maybe its the effects heavy attacks that make everything seem so drawn out. They seem very elaborate for early game moves that you use almost every enemy. Multiple times.
  11. Taurist

Final Fantasy XVI

To be quite honeslt it looks very boring. Passive enemies with bloated healthbars that you spam magic attacks on. Seems very like a decade old game, rather than something contemporary. FFXV and Forspoken were utter garbage, but they felt like modern garbage. I mean it will certainly be better...
  12. Taurist

People News Chris Avellone wins settlement after lawsuit over sexual assault accusations

While it is good to see Chris’ name cleared, I’m not sure how much I like where the guilt lands for it all. These women are quite obviously mentally ill. The fault for the amplification of their claims relies on uncritical media types, and drama desperate twitter users. And Chris, for being a...
  13. Taurist

Final Fantasy XVI

Cooldowns, QTE's and annoying little mid boss cutscenes are quite annoying. Hybrids can be the worst of both worlds. Action Games with cooldowns are generally not good action games. As an RPG, the enemy HP bars seem quite bloated. I liked the interview with the Director., he seems to be aware of...
  14. Taurist

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Narcissists generally thrive on negative attention. Without the power to move effectively against them you end up mostly just playing their game.
  15. Taurist

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Unusual that you have to play such a killer in this game. Well, not so unusual in terms of current year developers, but the HP novels have a pretty clear message that murder is wrong and damaging to the soul. Even playing as the good guy you seem to kill more people than Voldemort within the...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom