Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by tdphys

1. tdphys

Editorial The Digital Antiquarian on Interplay's Lord of the Rings RPGs

I played all the way into Moria... The music was pretty good, at least that's what I can remember.
  2. tdphys

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

In white march I solved the redcearan fort by stealthing through the back door. It was pretty neat that you could hear soldiers talking about their families back home... thought that was well done. Plus there was some scripted conversation you got to hear...
  3. tdphys

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #10: Voice Acting Doubled, Q&A Stream #2

+1 spam spell response. Looking forward to interrupts actually doing something
  4. tdphys

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #6: Voice Acting Stretch Goal, Q&A Stream

Yeah.. but if it's not "ubiquitous" ( which I hate ) then the "passive" ability means you have to rely on finicky mechanisms like proximity to get "engagement". If my fighter is surrounded by xaurips... which 1,2, or 3 get engaged? Why would this randomness be remotely controllable or fun...
  5. tdphys

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #6: Voice Acting Stretch Goal, Q&A Stream

So is engagement an active power now? Not some auto-aggro
  6. tdphys

Interview Interview with the Tyranny Writing Team at Game Revolution

Just read the first black company book... this is probably the first Tyranny news that actually makes me want to play the game.
  7. tdphys

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Heh , just had my level 11 party "trolled" by xaurips in Stalwarts mines on potd... the expansions really have better thought out encounters and areas... now to see if my priest can get a prayer against imprisonment off before he gets drilled by a bunch of xaurip snipers
  8. tdphys

Game News BattleTech Kickstarter Update #26: Prototyping Turn Order

One drawback might be that they might not exist by the final round?
  9. tdphys

Game News Daedalic's Star Control 2-inspired The Long Journey Home gets teaser trailer, coming late 2016

Starting a rant about RPG qualities with crafting and ending with character classes is astounding. If this is based on Star Control 2 it will have a 1. Non-linear Story with actual *gasp* time limits and meaningful game changing decisions that can cause you to lose the game if you're not...
  10. tdphys

Codex Interview RPG Codex Interview: Eric Fenstermaker on Pillars of Eternity​

So what about an Episodic model of an epic game/story line, chaining 3 20-30 hour decent games together over say 3 years? The White March seems to show that decent gaming can be done in this fashion. RPG's are really playable literature anyways ?! Seems to work well with top scifi/fantasy...
  11. tdphys

I'd also like to point out that it's interesting that we are even having this debate post-RPG. As a point of contrast, even if some people didn't enjoy *playing* POE, I've certainly enjoyed mulling over it's exposition and themes as opposed to the Pulp Fantasy Faerun games of yore. Now...
  12. tdphys

Hiravias' quest was probably my favorite quest, the ending was visceral and triumphant - and made me feel that he had somehow raised his self-awareness above his personal history. Sagani's quest was similarily interesting, but her character wasn't *charicaturized* enough for me to care. From...
  13. tdphys

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

The immunities on enemies make the combat challenges more varied, since you have to vary the way to debuff and damage different foes. I just finished WMI on POTD and spent most of it with my main priest at sub level 8 , which is where you get the group immunities to paralysis. The lagufeth...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom