Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by The Avatar

1. The Avatar

Gamebryo is not bad

Gamebryo is dead. TES and Fallout use the Creation Engine, which is based on Gamebryo but Gamebryo itself hasn't been updated since at least 2012. I doubt they have much in common anymore. Maybe the OP would like to request a free trial to see exactly how different TES and barebones Gamebryo...
  2. The Avatar

Vapourware Codexian Game Development Thread

Septaroad Voyager. The title sounds a lot of Octopath Traveler. I'm guessing that's intentional?
  3. The Avatar

I can see why they do that, given all the shovelware on Steam. The best thing an indie dev can do is to make the best game possible and promote it outside of Steam. If it's a good game, people will buy it.
  4. The Avatar

KickStarter Shroud of the Avatar - Lord British's Not-Ultima Online 2

What happened exactly? They released a patch that somehow corrupted their internal database?
  5. The Avatar

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Just started up a new game and very disappointed that mounts still have not been fixed. In turn-based combat, sometimes mounts will get completely stuck and unable to move.(Toggle turnbased off and on to fix) Trying to activate something in the world will cause the mounter character to walk to...
  6. The Avatar

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Why are they calling it Enhanced Edition if they didn't add anything? How is it enhanced?
  7. The Avatar

About reagents for spellcasting. Which system do you prefer?

As a generic fantasy RPG, I'd rather have no reagents just for the sake of smoother gameplay and less micromanagement. That said, I think it would be neat to have an ars-magica style wizard simulator game where spell components(and collecting them) are a core feature of the game. The closest...
  8. The Avatar

Did C# support make it into Godot 4? My problem with GDScript is that it is incredibly slow.
  9. The Avatar

How so? There have been many games shipped with Unity. Some of them even turned out good.
  10. The Avatar

KickStarter The Wayward Realms - upcoming Daggerfall-like RPG from original Elder Scrolls developers - coming to Kickstarter

Clearly, more kilometers == better. The planet generation seems interesting but probably not that useful as it's not something you'll see in first person in the ground. The built-in landscape in Unreal only supports flat terrain (although it does have World Composition for large open world...
  11. The Avatar

Here is a screenshot of the game data editor I made for Archquest: All of the ancestries(races), classes, feats, spells, monsters, and items are edited here. Initially, things like feats and spells were hard coded- so for example I would have a class called "Fireball" that inherited from some...
  12. The Avatar

Magic & Mercenaries: The Curse of Eternal Darkness

What exactly makes KOTC2 AI so good?
  13. The Avatar

Archquest Arena - tactical RPG with tabletop rules

Champion is anti-bloat because it combines Paladin, Anti-paladin, and others into a single class instead of having a separate class for each of them. It sounds like you're thinking of Pathfinder 1e which has the rules bloat reputation. This is a very different ruleset, which most people are not...
  14. The Avatar

Champion is a class. Paladins are the Lawful Good version of Champions. https://2e.aonprd.com/Classes.aspx?ID=4
  15. The Avatar

Free move was just something a few people have requested. The big downside with this is that it captures the mouse cursor, so there is no way to interact with the UI normally. Is there any other advantage to grid-based movement?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom