Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by The Brazilian Slaughter

1. The Brazilian Slaughter

FIELD OF GLORY: KINGDOMS!!

Did the Economic Trade system even truly did anything? I never bothered to do anything other than trying to get more goods and increasing trade acumen. Yeah that would be cool. But honestly, I feel like Middle Ages requires character-based play, there's a lot of situations where...
  2. The Brazilian Slaughter

Baldur's Gate Larian is moving away from D&D, no BG3 DLC or BG4

A common problem in the IT/Dev world, sadly. Hire crew, toss crew away at first opportunity, have to hire people again because you tossed the guys who knew how to work your code away, now you have a bunch of newbs having to start from zero on legacy code, wash, rinse and repeat. Or...
  3. The Brazilian Slaughter

FIELD OF GLORY: KINGDOMS!!

Dynastic Role-Playing is the best part of Crusader Kings tho, and so much in the Medieval Age is about the Liege-Vassal relationships and such.
  4. The Brazilian Slaughter

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

Should have done whites-only and blacks-only mods and released at the same time, as a social test.
  5. The Brazilian Slaughter

Grand Strategy Project Caesar - Paradox Tinto's New Game

I think its still lame that Pdox insists in cylindrical maps in fucking 2024, rather than going with a proper simulated globe. Terra fucking Invicta does it, and compared to Paradox, their budget is risible. Looking like EUV here, EU IV is really long in the tooth by now, and that map doesn't...
  6. The Brazilian Slaughter

Grand Strategy Project Caesar - Paradox Tinto's New Game

"Tinto Talks" sounds like the name of a podcast about wine featuring a pretty smug and elitist pair of a french and a portuguese guy tasting wine and rating it. But like, in a pretty smug and insufferable way
  7. The Brazilian Slaughter

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

I think CKIII moved to the right direction, military-wise, but the MaA dependency and the lack of interplay between Military and the meat and potatoes of the game (Relationship between Nobility, Vassals and Subjects) makes it suck. If I did it, we would have a "Master of Soldiers" position or...
  8. The Brazilian Slaughter

Europa Universalis IV

AFAIK the main reason for Stellaris' slowdown issues (also HOI4 and any Pdox game released pre-CKIII) is due to the way these games' version of Clausewitz render graphics and the game itself. I don't remember the technical side of it, but AFAIK they do it together or something, whereas the new...
  9. The Brazilian Slaughter

Define "See"

Define "See"
  10. The Brazilian Slaughter

Coolest RPG Archetype

Paladin in OG DII: Noble Black Man, like somesort of medieval ethiopian paladin. Paladin in Diablo II Resurrected: Looks like he used to do crack before finding Faith
  11. The Brazilian Slaughter

Should we be treating this place like a pub or more like an insane asylum?

I thought it was agreed it was like a zoo?
  12. The Brazilian Slaughter

Making Unarmed and Melee mechanically distinct?

By the way, the idea of Unarmed as an auxiliary combat skill that can be used at any time is pretty cool and would work in almost any setting. People can be disarmed, guns can run out of bullets, spell slots and mana can run out, quivers can get dry, swords can break, but you can always do an...
  13. The Brazilian Slaughter

Making Unarmed and Melee mechanically distinct?

One possible advantage: Unarmed is a less lethal than melee. It could be the "non-lethal/less-lethal" skill for Pacifists, or simply capturing people. Another advantage from Unarmed: Its literally, well, unarmed. As long as you have functioning arms, legs and even a head, you can fight unarmed...
  14. The Brazilian Slaughter

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

MASSIVE OVER-INCLINE

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom