Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by The Dude

1. The Dude

Starbound: 'Spiritual' successor to Terraria

I have been playing this with my nephew, it is an alright time waster and not too grindy. I would say it's some 4-10 hours of gameplay in the current version before it turns stale. I really hope they plan to add some reactivity to the world and not let "creative mode" carebears have their way...
  2. The Dude

The Codex of Roguelikes

Apparently the guy behind Incursion is going to release the source, which sounds like it's in a mess. Maybe some resident autist genius programmer feels up to the task of continuing this game? Pretty please? It's still on my top list of great roguelikes, a damn pity he bit off more than he could...
  3. The Dude

Rome Total War II

High point of the series as far as the strategic map play is concerned is definetely Medieval I. Markers and territories feels a lot more smooth to play with, and the AI is pretty shit when it comes to handling free movement. Probably had most battle map fun with Shogun 2, while I am not a fan...
  4. The Dude

M&B - Mount & Blade Warband TOP 10 mods

I really liked Prophesy of Pendor, some dudes PnP-world reimagined in M&B, so pretty deep backstory for a M&B mod. Lots of fun features, though hard as fuck from time to time.
  5. The Dude

RTS AI War

Just started messing around with this gem again, I'd be game. Though I never got further than 7/7 with easy-ish settings.
  6. The Dude

Interview Feargus Urquhart and Fredrik Wester on the Pillars of Eternity distribution deal

So, being in what sounds like a pretty equal relationship with a smallish publisher that gives you QA and marketing is the same as being the bitch of a larger publisher that thinks "creative control" is what focus groups are for? Even if a publisher gets involved somewhere, kickstarter means...
  7. The Dude

Interview Feargus Urquhart and Fredrik Wester on the Pillars of Eternity distribution deal

I am not sure what to think about this. Paradox QA isn't what I would call stellar. Sure, while often buggy on release most games made inhouse eventually gets to a good state. On the other hand, I have often seen games from other devs published by Paradox (supposedly tested by Paradox QA) be a...
  8. The Dude

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

The old Jagged Alliance 2 demo is a brilliant example. Just a single disconnected map but showcased the game in a great way. Only horrible thing with that demo was that you had to wait a full year to play the actual game.
  9. The Dude

Games with stories that take advantage of being a video game ASIDE from impact of player choice?

Digital: A love story is a pretty unique little IF that I can't see working well in any other medium. The narrative is basically explored only through an Amiga remiscient computer by running programs, surfing BBS:s and opening email attachments. It might sound gimmicky, but it works great in the...
  10. The Dude

Incline 2D Art Appreciation Thread

Nothing much changed around here eh? :love:
  11. The Dude

Interview Massive Interview with Swen Vincke at Rock Paper Shotgun

I love how outspoken he is, really too rare in a business so full of PR-speak, though it might help that the publishers he's commenting on are dead and buried. As I am slogging through the final parts of Dragon Commander at the moment I must say that I totally forgot how much I enjoy Larian's...
  12. The Dude

Sword of the Stars 2: Electric Boogaloo

No, it's not a pure wargame. But the focus, from the beginning, was on the warmaking rather than the other parts. The design philosophy has always been stated to be that if something can't be shot up and destroyed in the tactical combat part, then it shouldn't be in the game, or abstracted to a...
  13. The Dude

Seen as a pure wargame, SotS strategic layer is a lot more complex than most 4x. As a diplomatic game, not so much, as a management game, even less so. To each his own. As for you opinion when it comes to the complexity of SotS 2, I give your trolling efforts 4/10, since you actually managed...
  14. The Dude

That doesn't really seem that far fetched, in case the rumour that the GG download is the actual release version is true. Only that the game has to be verified and updated through Steam, which means it still becomes the beta if that's the case. That would be hilarious alright. :lol:
  15. The Dude

I'm laughing my ass off, even though I am a semi fanboy. Them fucking up the release and uploading beta code at the same time as their game hits number one on Steam sales chart. This coupled with the lead designer being a, ehm, character, and having a huge ego that has caused more...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom