Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by The Vanished One

1. The Vanished One

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

RDR2 is an exceedingly self-indulgent game where too many actions take forever because of overly long, unskippable animations. I know it genuinely enhances some people's immersion, but it just never worked for me. I remember this kind of "immersive" animations appearing in Far Cry 2 and...
  2. The Vanished One

Crafting sucks in 99% of cases

On top of JarlFrank's comments, I just want to say that if combat is good and there are enough well-crafted encounters in the game (which, granted, is a huge if) then combat, coupled with exploration, is its own reward to me, and there doesn't really need to be an item drop for every enemy...
  3. The Vanished One

YMMV but to me equipment degradation is also largely a pointless waste of time in an otherwise fully featured RPG. I haven't enjoyed the mechanic even where the gameplay is largely built around it (BotW) because I'm neither particularly interested in trying lots of weapons in a short amount of...
  4. The Vanished One

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

I enjoyed MGSV a lot but the story was a disappointment. The narrative is spread too thin and there is no satisfying payoff at the end. What saddens me the most is that better editing, a little rewriting, creative use of the existing assets and maybe selling the "51st mission" or something like...
  5. The Vanished One

The only games where I've ever enjoyed crafting are those where I can automate it, such as Factorio and Satisfactory. I hate having to collect junk in an RPG.
  6. The Vanished One

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming September 5th

Please be good... Please, Jesus, make it good... I will be a good boy.
  7. The Vanished One

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

What's in those screenshots, but the same knights and monsters, the same ruins, and decade-old lighting tricks? Nothing wrong with liking it, but it is thematically and visually dated.
  8. The Vanished One

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Looks dated, visually and thematically, though the genericness of the trailer no doubt does it no favors. Wish we had Bloodborne on PC instead.
  9. The Vanished One

Warhammer Necromunda: Hired Gun from Streum On Studio

One more thing: why on Terra would they limit you to two guns and three pistols at mission start? It's a twitch shooter FFS, just let me have a whole arsenal. Nothing is gained by having you think about what you want to keep and carry with you, when there is no functional tactical component to...
  10. The Vanished One

Warhammer Necromunda: Hired Gun from Streum On Studio

I thought there was some sort of cooldown already? Sometimes I move in and can perform it, sometimes the prompt does not appear. Either way, I wish the game could do without them entirely, but they're convenient to get rid of annoying enemies, especially because how finicky special ability...
  11. The Vanished One

Squeenix NieR: Automata from Yoko Taro and Platinum Games

This is a huge source of annoyance to me. I shouldn't have to rely on supplementary materials to understand major plot points. I'm not criticizing anyone for enjoying it, and I can see why some people may like to see an imaginary world revealed to them slowly, across multliple media. I find it...
  12. The Vanished One

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

Probably Guardian Ape. Inventive, unique, had the right amount of challenge. I think I would like Saint Isshin and Father Owl just as much, if not more, but they took me very long, which dampened my enthusiasm. Demon of Hatred was also fun, but I had the umbrella to block his attacks for...
  13. The Vanished One

Saw all endings, done with the game for now. Yes, the game is too hard for my liking. It demands more competence, reaction speed and consistency than I can reliably provide. Sometimes, it wasn't fun. That aside, I did like the combat and I liked the seamless stealth (except for how long it...
  14. The Vanished One

Gentlemen, help me out. How does one actually git gud at this game? I defeated Genichiro after several dozen tries, but I don't feel like I learned much in the process. My performance was very uneven; I was just spamming R1/R2 and jumping as appropriate. Most of the time I couldn't keep track...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom