Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by The_Sloth_Sleeps

1. The_Sloth_Sleeps

Game News Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy now on Kickstarter, demo available

I tried it. Its...average. Awful lurid forest. Not bothered.
  2. The_Sloth_Sleeps

Vapourware Codexian Game Development Thread

Ah right. I think what you want to write your own lighting, materials pipeline. The modern OGL programmable pipeline theres a lighting shader, you want to swap that out for something that works with the distance a little differently. Like a more ambient kind of light.
  3. The_Sloth_Sleeps

Not sure what the question is. What do you mean by rendering? But I would say the above is mostly hand drawn, the lower is possibly a combination of 3d render plus hand drawn sprite.
  4. The_Sloth_Sleeps

Mortal: The Simulation Video Game

That art looks off. Terrible composition.
  5. The_Sloth_Sleeps

Game News Unforetold: Witchstone cancelled

Well this was unforetold.
  6. The_Sloth_Sleeps

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

Indeed. I also have some harsh words. It boggles my mind how CS could have been fucked up so badly. Its a poor game. Not desperately bad no, but poor. Even the excuses offered are as lukewarm as CS "we don't have resources" drip drip yet any other "real" indie is gonna have to operate on much...
  7. The_Sloth_Sleeps

Could be a on off hidden underlay pixel test?
  8. The_Sloth_Sleeps

Is AI the future of Indie RPGs?

If someone proves something can be done then the genie is out of the bottle. Over time others inevitably also find a way to do the same. However its unclear what, if anything, this is actually doing. It does not look remotely capable of replacing film making.
  9. The_Sloth_Sleeps

Obviously anyone can tell its a text to video. What I am asking is, what is the underlying tech? How is it different. I am actually a little sad because I think it would be a good thing if anyone could generate video like that. I do not think it will ever get there.
  10. The_Sloth_Sleeps

What exactly is that? Nobody can answer yet until its released. However if this does ever work, I cant help but feel this this will be a good thing. Its potential to relegate actors and film to fringe performers is an exciting prospect. People may even grow accustomed to not believing what...
  11. The_Sloth_Sleeps

I wonder if this will change the behaviour of people over time. I think it will, which is going to be the end of Google. Perhaps in the middle of a conversational people will stop reaching for their phones to do quick fact checks with Google, as they so often did in 2012.
  12. The_Sloth_Sleeps

Actually I was looking for lemon pickle recipes last week. At the bottom of 16 pages of scrolling through ads and affiliate links and an obviously ChatGPT generated story of the provenance of the authentic 1890s grandmas recipe, did I find a recipe. It worked OK I suppose.
  13. The_Sloth_Sleeps

It tips the already shifting balance of power into the hands of the spam factories, the SEO manipulators. In a few years the whole internet will be filled with pages written by bots with affiliate links. Use any search engine and beneath the predictable yet irrelevant first page results of...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom