Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by TheCatsofSanktPetersburg

1. TheCatsofSanktPetersburg

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

The dunmers playing the bongo drums compensate for that.
  2. TheCatsofSanktPetersburg

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

This almost deserves its own thread:
  3. TheCatsofSanktPetersburg

The Wolf Among Us - Fables Telltale adventure game

Why does everyone who enjoyed this feel the need to immediately point out that it's not a game?
  4. TheCatsofSanktPetersburg

Elder Scrolls So why is Elder Scrolls lore so interesting?

Yeah, I've confused the terms. I meant onomastics, the study of names. A lot of dunmer names from Morrowind had a sort of south italian sound to them: Serano, Redoran, Bandas, Saryoni, Barelo, Andrano, Telvanni (and all the ones that end with "-ni"). But looking back that doesn't actually seem...
  5. TheCatsofSanktPetersburg

I'd also argue that in the case of the dunmer culture, the sources of inspiration are so varied that it creates a sort of inspirational ambiguity. I'm going to pick a terrible example here, but the orcs from Warcraft 3 are carbon copy of African tribesmen, and that's about it, that's all the...
  6. TheCatsofSanktPetersburg

I'm always left bereft of words when trying to explain to someone why I find TES lore so appealing. It's hard to weigh or judge the qualities that make this fantasy world stand out so much so I’m making this thread to compile a list of arguments. Different interpretations There’s never just...
  7. TheCatsofSanktPetersburg

Rome Total War II

Oh be quiet, that was actually pretty good.
  8. TheCatsofSanktPetersburg

Neil Gaiman's first video game

I don't know if I'm excited or not, but hell! A spooky dinner with mr. Neil himself? Where do I sign?
  9. TheCatsofSanktPetersburg

Decline Thiaf Pre-Release Thread

The Dark Project centered around the Pagan faction and their dark god. The Metal Age took on the Hammerite faction by setting us against the intrigues of one of their heretical confession. Deadly Shadows showed us the inner workings of the Keeper faction and explored the politics, laws and...
  10. TheCatsofSanktPetersburg

Anime Gothic 3: The circle is now complete

People actually did the quests in this game? I thought the best pleasure one could ascertain was mowing down orcs and liberating cities by exploiting that broken combat mechanics. I'm not being sarcastic.
  11. TheCatsofSanktPetersburg

Preview Witcher 3 Previews at GameBanshee

Holy shit! Where's the original photo from?
  12. TheCatsofSanktPetersburg

Morrowind mods are a fucking jungle

The atmosphere is... well not better, but stronger I'd say. It feels spooky to wander around. The few settlements actually feel isolated in the middle of nowhere. Of course there were cities in Vvardenfell that were placed in the middle of nowhere (Dagon Fell, Mar Gaan, most of the Telvanni...
  13. TheCatsofSanktPetersburg

Decline The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

On the bright (the only bright side), the game has managed to make me appreciate american folk. Something I'd never thought I would say. It's very easy and tempting to put him down like that, but the thing is that if a real zombie apocalypse came about, I'd be a lot like him. A lot of...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom